What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Nice result on the wheels.

Kwik Fit marked the wife MINI wheels a couple of wheels ago so a paint repair place came out to fix them. Wheels off and in the van with a heat lamp so promising... done an okay job but nothing to shout about but atleast the paint they took off the spoke faces is back on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why I didn't think of that.. angle was a bit awkward but found a long screwdriver and popped it out. Problem now is I expected the arm to just drop which is why the jack was under it, but the bottom of the strut is still fairly firm in there. I guess with the rust it needs prying out?

Soldato
I've just seen a method on YouTube where he shoves a scissor jack in there to push the arm down and then there is plenty of room to get it out. I've done a front one before so thought it would be the same but its quite different, arms are dead from undoing that bolt :eek:

Soldato
I've just seen a method on YouTube where he shoves a scissor jack in there to push the arm down and then there is plenty of room to get it out. I've done a front one before so thought it would be the same but its quite different, arms are dead from undoing that bolt :eek:
Yea, that's what I had to do on the C1's same bolt! Complete pain and took way longer than it should have done for 1 bolt.

Soldato
Yeah proper hammer and a drift to knock the strut support down, if you still find you're lacking space to get it out you could *slightly* compress the spring in situ just to give a little bit more clearance, but looks like it'll fall straight out for you

Soldato
In my budget track car build it's now lowered, and will soon be wearing these BBSs. I have some Nankang NS2-Rs in 195/50/15s coming, some hubcentric spacers (5mm front, 15mm rears) and some spigot rings from 57.1 to 54.1 and we should be good! I have a few more things to tart up on it too before it's MOT equiv over here. Exhaust blowing at the joint, so have a new crush gasket for that and some poly bushes for the exhaust (prone to rattle).

Then we're booking the track day and I'll be teaching the wife how to hoon it round the track. Hoping she gets the bug... will make my own hobbies easier to justify :D

Oh, and I have some orange vinyl to go on it too in certain places... :p

Car owes us nothing, was a cheap buy and if it's good enough for bad obsession, it'll be good enough for me!

Hello fellow small car owner

v8MRdtL

Soldato
Fitted a BWoody CAI from the states... and it is awesome!!! Will get some piccies in the daylight now it's fully in but didn't have time. So, specs on this are (and by all accounts from our stateside friends these are accurate!)...

Flowbench results:
Results as follows:
OEM intake w/oem filter = 799.5 cfm
OEM intake w/K&N drop in = 815.7 cfm
4" BWoody CAI = 1147.6 cfm
Flowbench results showed a whopping 348.1 cfm increase over the OEM air box!!
(Largest gains will be achieved with the 90mm throttle body.)

Dyno results:
Our intake was tested against the OEM intake and gained a whopping 18.7 WHP!

5fUPKHZ.jpg

qHk1O9u.jpg

Soldato
That's madness! Look beautiful as well. I love a well made bit of kit and that looks very well made.
Yeqh exactly, it's lovely, nice and heavy and thought out... but unlike most CAI's, this one actually is i.e. it sits really low behind the bumper and gets fresh are from the inlets for cooling the brakes so it's not sucking up hot air from the engine like most fo them do. So, with a cheeky map from the Diablo Tuner should be rocking with around 30bhp extra!

Soldato
Yeqh exactly, it's lovely, nice and heavy and thought out... but unlike most CAI's, this one actually is i.e. it sits really low behind the bumper and gets fresh are from the inlets for cooling the brakes so it's not sucking up hot air from the engine like most fo them do. So, with a cheeky map from the Diablo Tuner should be rocking with around 30bhp extra!
Considering the work that needs to go into get 30hp extra from my NA 4.2 V8 in the S4, I'd love this sort of gains. Powers of FI though!

Speaking of which, you just sold your RX8 and I'm eyeing up a 13B that needs a rebuild to build up and turbo. I need some FI and wob wob wob noise in my life.

Soldato
Considering the work that needs to go into get 30hp extra from my NA 4.2 V8 in the S4, I'd love this sort of gains. Powers of FI though!

Speaking of which, you just sold your RX8 and I'm eyeing up a 13B that needs a rebuild to build up and turbo. I need some FI and wob wob wob noise in my life.
The RX8 with a RX7 engine is the place to be (assuming that what you mean by 13B?), but it'll take £10k to get there... hence why i didn't in the engine. And turbo'ing the standard RX8 engine 13BMSP engine for me, is just not worth it, it's just not built to take turbo's and superchargers imho and is more hassle than it's worth. Better just ditching the engine altogether but that's my view.

Back
Top Bottom