• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ordered being delivered today by 6PM....

Great, let me know what you think of them. Use the app to update to the latest firmware, this made a massive difference for me as they were plagued with teething troubles when they launched with the console, there were issues with the controller losing connection and popping sound, it's all been solved with FW1.5. You can set up custom EQ stuff as well if that's your thing.

Associate
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.16.2021.jpg

Associate
Heads up on Xbox credit, Eneba right now has 2x£50 (£100) for £86.85 or 2x£25 (£50) for £41.78 as the best percentage off deals right now.
I grabbed the £25 card offer of course.
Was rude not to top up my account, just need the expansion card to at least drop by £20 quid before i bite though.
Can't keep topping up my account though even if the offer is "too good" to turn down, got £410 in there now :D

Should add these prices are reached with easy to find 3% discounts codes through Googling.

Soldato
Heads up on Xbox credit, Eneba right now has 2x£50 (£100) for £86.85 or 2x£25 (£50) for £41.78 as the best percentage off deals right now.
I grabbed the £25 card offer of course.
Was rude not to top up my account, just need the expansion card to at least drop by £20 quid before i bite though.
Can't keep topping up my account though even if the offer is "too good" to turn down, got £410 in there now :D

Should add these prices are reached with easy to find 3% discounts codes through Googling.

A Series X for £376... if only there was stock :p

Soldato
I'm 47 soon and enjoying the new Xbox s after owning various gpu's over the years since the vodoo2 days. I guess I'm in the minority being the age i am?

Associate
I'm 47 soon and enjoying the new Xbox s after owning various gpu's over the years since the vodoo2 days. I guess I'm in the minority being the age i am?

lol same here and have owned every xbox going , the only thing i have noticed change is i seem to very picky on games now days and hardly finish full sp games lol . currently playing apex and cod with some grid and farcry new dawn thrown in. although i have started to enjoy those rts type games like desperados 3 /mutant zero and am really into gears tactics which is excellent especially for us oldies .

yeah my game play has slowed down and the kids rule in online games but other than that i still enjoy although i do try to go wireless now as the cables get caught up in my 5 chins and zimmer frame :)

Associate
A Series X for £376... if only there was stock :p

Planned way ahead for the first pre-order, was doing exactly what i am doing now but a bit more frequent leading upto Sept 22nd.
Had £55 of MS Reward points and kept buying gift cards from Eneba as long as the percentage off was around 10%+.
Worked out at around £350-£360, on my phone in work, in the toilet, logged into my live account, took me about 8 minutes to get the order through.
Had no such luck in trying to get a PS5 though. Was willing to pay retail price for PS5 but after all this faffing around i wont even consider paying over £400 for a PS5 now.
Will get one eventually, the games i want to play aren't even out yet and the others aren't going anywhere and will be cheaper when i do finally get one :D

Associate

48 here..SX is the first console I've owned apart from a Wii... I'm actually finishing games now which is great. That leaves mp shooters & the like for my pc. Rediscovering battlefield 1 atm.

Soldato

35 here and first Xbox since the 360 and i'm absolutely loving it and gamepass ultimate. I've had every Playstation from 1 through to 4 and then the 4 Pro.

I even had a PS5 pre-order for day one but was umming and arrring due to the colour not fitting in with my setup and due to no plates at the time so I cancelled it. Started looking at the Series S/X and gamepass and my whole stance started to change on XBox and then after a few weeks of trying to source one I managed to snag one on Amazon few days before New Years.

Best fun i've had in a long time, enjoying my games again, barely bought any due to gamepass and the two that I did one was paid for by Microsoft Rewards and the other Diablo 3 Ultimate was £6 from a keysite. I'm not even tempted currently to get a PS5 and with a baby on the way don't think i'll be getting one or have the time to play that aswell for a very long time.

Gamepass is the gift that keeps on giving and honestly my loyalty to Sony has all but gone now.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol same here and have owned every xbox going , the only thing i have noticed change is i seem to very picky on games now days and hardly finish full sp games lol . currently playing apex and cod with some grid and farcry new dawn thrown in. although i have started to enjoy those rts type games like desperados 3 /mutant zero and am really into gears tactics which is excellent especially for us oldies .

yeah my game play has slowed down and the kids rule in online games but other than that i still enjoy although i do try to go wireless now as the cables get caught up in my 5 chins and zimmer frame :)

Currently downloading Gears Tactics. Thanks :)

44 next month. Have owned all incarnations of the xbox other than the diskless versions. Currently have a series x and a one x in different rooms. People of our age have grown up with these machines and witnessed as kids the absolutely huuuge leaps forward they have made in that time, although these incremental jumps are naturally getting smaller.
I don't play as much as I used to but can't foresee a time when I wont be buying the latest console day one and playing it, even if I live to 90!

Soldato
Game Pass just keeps on giving, it's probably the best thing Microsoft have done since 360 consol itself.

I'm currently playing the Hivebusters dlc for gears 5, along with fm21 both because of game pass, brilliant:)

I did also play gears tactics however I'm stuck on the very last boss and given up, I'll go back at some stage but for now I'm defeated

Back
Top Bottom