• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I love Wreckfest reminds me of Destruction Derby.

I noticed the update last night, will have a go tonight and how much of a difference it makes because 30FPS was a bit annoying but was playable for me, I've nearly finished it though. Hope they make a second one.

I started playing the Outer Worlds last night, first FPS since I got my SX and I'm not sure about FPS on a controller, hope I get used to it but finding it difficult to aim.

Associate
I remember the days when if you wanted the best experience from a console you had to buy a JAP/US machine as they were 17% faster than the UK machines due to the 50/60 Hz speed differences between PAL and NTSC.

And TV's that were 60hz compatible were a pain to find, a Philips 24" TV with a dodgy Teletext module was the first one I ever owned, bought at an auction.

Playing Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts in black and white on an American SNES wasn't ideal before then :D

Man of Honour
I love Wreckfest reminds me of Destruction Derby.

I noticed the update last night, will have a go tonight and how much of a difference it makes because 30FPS was a bit annoying but was playable for me, I've nearly finished it though. Hope they make a second one.

I started playing the Outer Worlds last night, first FPS since I got my SX and I'm not sure about FPS on a controller, hope I get used to it but finding it difficult to aim.

Some games I’ve found it difficult to aim - cyberpunk was one, outer worlds another. I suspect 60fps will help. In both cases I ended up with a melee build as a result.

Soldato
Did you get these in the end and if so how are they for you?

Just given them a go and they sound fantastic miles better than the MS headset but to be expected as they are twice the price. They are not quite as good as my Bose which I got on the MM for a bit less but there is no delay connected direct to Xbox so much better in that respect.

They do the job perfect which I was hoping the MS set would do. Very happy with them.

Soldato
Some games I’ve found it difficult to aim - cyberpunk was one, outer worlds another. I suspect 60fps will help. In both cases I ended up with a melee build as a result.

Do you not fancy a keyboard and mouse? I'm seriously considering for FPS games but will hold out a bit to see if I get used to it or not.

Just given them a go and they sound fantastic miles better than the MS headset but to be expected as they are twice the price. They are not quite as good as my Bose which I got on the MM for a bit less but there is no delay connected direct to Xbox so much better in that respect.

They do the job perfect which I was hoping the MS set would do. Very happy with them.

Is this the Arctis 9X, is the Mic removable? I really want to go wireless with a headset and was waiting for the MS headset but it seems the real user feedback isn't great

Soldato

Glad you are happy with them and they are doing the job you wanted done.

I know what you mean I love my Bose that I use for my daily commute and when I want to just chillout and have used them connected to my TV before.

Hopefully you don't suffer from the cutouts that the 9X are known to have unless it's been fixed/patched out.

I'm happy with my TB 700 Gen 2's but was looking at the official Xbox headset to go alongside it but don't think i'll bother now after reading reviews. Was just curious to see how they lived up to your expectations.

Is this the Arctis 9X, is the Mic removable? I really want to go wireless with a headset and was waiting for the MS headset but it seems the real user feedback isn't great

Yeah his was the 9X. It seems the standout wireless headsets for the Series X are the Steel Series 7X/9X and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2's.

Man of Honour
Wreckfest will also play in 4k/30 on Series S.
strange it didn't add 1080p/60 instead I think more players would prefer that option on the S

A strange decision indeed. Most people would prefer 60fps. Maybe there is a hardware reason for the choice?

Do you not fancy a keyboard and mouse? I'm seriously considering for FPS games but will hold out a bit to see if I get used to it or not

Since I like to sit back on my recliner sofa to play I’m not sure it would work well with a keyboard and mouse.

Are you secretly someone I know?

Heh, I meant the game was fun when it first dropped on game pass :p. 30fps made me feel ill. Some games I notice it more than others. Outer worlds it didn’t bother me as much.

Associate
Thought this might be of interest - if anyone is looking to buy anything from Amazon at the moment they have deal where if you top up your account balance with £50 they automatically add £6 to it, so using that I bought 3x12 months EA Access codes to give me another year of Gamepass Ultimate for £54.
The info page is - Amazon.co.uk: Top Up Offer
It will only work on the first topup and the deal goes up to the end of May.

Back
Top Bottom