What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
The RX8 with a RX7 engine is the place to be (assuming that what you mean by 13B?), but it'll take £10k to get there... hence why i didn't in the engine. And turbo'ing the standard RX8 engine 13BMSP engine for me, is just not worth it, it's just not built to take turbo's and superchargers imho and is more hassle than it's worth. Better just ditching the engine altogether but that's my view.
What engine should I be looking for?

It's going in my London Taxi, so doesn't matter about anything else lol it'll be built and far more things to work out but need to make sure I start with the right base!

Soldato
What engine should I be looking for?

It's going in my London Taxi, so doesn't matter about anything else lol it'll be built and far more things to work out but need to make sure I start with the right base!
You have the 13B-REW (252bhp - 280bhp standard) engines aka FD3S which are the RX7 sequential twin turbo engines, they're lovely. That's the one you want and you can change the twins for single turbo depending on what you need.

Soldato
I'd be careful running the CAI with the K&N shield around it. I did something similar when running open ITBs and wanted to limit ingress but I didn't have space for a full foam filter. So I ran 4 of those K&N fabric covers, one for each trumpet. It knocked a substantial amount of bhp from the car. Guy who did the rolling road did a before and after. I'd have to dig out the graph but I'm sure it was around 10bhp. I was pretty shocked. You'd think something so fine wouldn't restrict the airflow so much. He made me just run open ITBs. :)

Soldato
Got the strut off just needed to wedge the arm down with a crowbar. Much easier to get the new one on. Will have to do the other side asap, as the newer one actually works and shows how poor the other side is.

Soldato
surely with enough new speakers you wont be able to hear the squeaks?

I diagnosed my squeak. I say I diagnosed, actually my wife did. It was the flappy down sunglass holder which is now taped shut.

Don
lol probably, way beyond my old ears to detect though, all I know is the clearance between the door skin and the door card demands a low profile soldered connection.

If it sounds better, yay :p :D

Associate
Put a badge on it, took it out after a long winter break....Got in a race with a standard C63 AMG in a straight line, got the thumbs up after rinsing it and put it away and thought about losing my licence lol. Must be getting old.

It's still hilarious when a1.5L inline 4 with a cast iron block from 1990 can smash a modern V8.
C63 nearly got me in higher gears but up to 165mph this pulls to the limiter and then bounces off, needs a longer final drive.

bi4rXpel.jpg

After driving a crappy Corola T Sport all winter and after destroying a gearbox last November @ Donington I genuinely forgot how fast it was on full boost (1.5 bar) 304bhp and 920KG. Some of the stuff you end up racing is priceless just to see their faces, then you tell them its a 1.5L and watch their face drop.

As the rebuilt engine has bedded in; it has made it completely savage, can only use & enjoy the power on track.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom