Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
dang nice, kinda surprised third parties got stock before what seems like a massive backlog on EKs own site has even started being fulfilled. Will be curious to see your memory temps.

Me too especially as the store advised me last week it was going to be mid April but it’s here this morning with free shipping to!

Soldato
Not bad junction temps there. I am hitting over 100C on the stock cooler. So the 3mm makes sense where there is no ram.. but did you put new pads on the parts that already had 1-1.5mm on the back? I.e where the white pads are by default.

Yes, I used the leftover pads which came with the water block and had to double stack some pads so it would make contact with the backplate.

The backplate does get pretty hot when mining so the pads are working. Last night I found an Aluminium heatsink (10cm x 6cm) which I put on top of the backplate with some thermal paste and added a fan, now the max temps when mining is 72C

Associate
EKWB order finally shipped! It changed status yesterday around noon from 'Processing Pre Order' to 'Processing' and has just changed to 'Complete' on my account and a shipping email received.

Now trying to predict when it will be delivered so I can see about booking a day off work next week to install...

Associate
EKWB order finally shipped! It changed status yesterday around noon from 'Processing Pre Order' to 'Processing' and has just changed to 'Complete' on my account and a shipping email received.

Now trying to predict when it will be delivered so I can see about booking a day off work next week to install...

Using DHL, I got shipped late afternoon 17th. Checked the tracking and it had the customs charge assigned. Paid the charge and received my card 1630 the 18th :)

Associate
Using DHL, I got shipped late afternoon 17th. Checked the tracking and it had the customs charge assigned. Paid the charge and received my card 1630 the 18th :)

Yes, DHL Express. They are currently saying delivery Monday - I suspect they don’t deliver at the weekend.

That is very fast service you got!

Associate
Ek 3090 fe block arrived. Won't install tonight, waiting until tomorrow . First impression is I'm very happy with the build quality :)

That was initially my thought however on further inspection I’ve concluded the i/o bracket is a bit feeble.
The rest looks good though.

Soldato
image0-3.jpg

Loving the look of it. Took a while cutting out thermal pads though.

PCB and block weigh 2.1kg.

I'll be putting the 2nd FE block on the MM for anyone who has access.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why can't EK do pre cut pads for the price they command. Surely in the scheme of things those cutting machines aren't that expensive?

Soldato
Why can't EK do pre cut pads for the price they command. Surely in the scheme of things those cutting machines aren't that expensive?
They even got rid of the precut VRAM pads they used to include with every block. You would think for the price of this block they could spare the cost.

Back
Top Bottom