• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hopefully you don't suffer from the cutouts that the 9X are known to have unless it's been fixed/patched out.

That's been sorted with the latest firmware.

Just given them a go and they sound fantastic miles better than the MS headset but to be expected as they are twice the price. They are not quite as good as my Bose which I got on the MM for a bit less but there is no delay connected direct to Xbox so much better in that respect.

They do the job perfect which I was hoping the MS set would do. Very happy with them.

Great stuff, glad you're happy with them.

Do you not fancy a keyboard and mouse? I'm seriously considering for FPS games but will hold out a bit to see if I get used to it or not.

Is this the Arctis 9X, is the Mic removable? I really want to go wireless with a headset and was waiting for the MS headset but it seems the real user feedback isn't great

The mic slides inside the headset, out of the way completely. They were very flaky at launch but the latest firmware has fixed the issues I initially had. I can't do FPS with a joypad, hate it with a passion. The Razor Turret also works on the xbox wireless protocol but has a tiny dongle for the mouse.

Last edited:
Soldato
The mic slides inside the headset, out of the way completely. They were very flaky at launch but the latest firmware has fixed the issues I initially had. I can't do FPS with a joypad, hate it with a passion. The Razor Turret also works on the xbox wireless protocol but has a tiny dongle for the mouse.

Thanks, I'm really confused as to why every Twitter, Instagram post and website reviews are bending the headset over but actual user reviews are very different for the MS headset. At least I have an alternative to consider with the Arctis but my OCD wants the MS.

Its a shame the Razor Turret is the only officially supported option, its ridiculously priced and I would need it to double as a keyboard for work with my SX being on my desk and I cant stand clacky mechanical keys

Played Wreckfest last night, the update has made it better and I played online for the first time which was loads of fun

Soldato
Thought this might be of interest - if anyone is looking to buy anything from Amazon at the moment they have deal where if you top up your account balance with £50 they automatically add £6 to it, so using that I bought 3x12 months EA Access codes to give me another year of Gamepass Ultimate for £54.
The info page is - Amazon.co.uk: Top Up Offer
It will only work on the first topup and the deal goes up to the end of May.

Why do you need EA Access when it comes with GamePass Ulitmate, is it a case of you don't need it and its just a cheap method of getting GamePass Ulimate?

Whats the difference between EA Access and EA Play?

Soldato
Why do you need EA Access when it comes with GamePass Ulitmate, is it a case of you don't need it and its just a cheap method of getting GamePass Ulimate?

Whats the difference between EA Access and EA Play?

It's really not the cheapest at all as I got 36 months of Gamepass Ultimate for £97 - £96 for 3x12 month cards and £1 to convert.

Thanks, I'm really confused as to why every Twitter, Instagram post and website reviews are bending the headset over but actual user reviews are very different for the MS headset. At least I have an alternative to consider with the Arctis but my OCD wants the MS.

You looked at the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2's? I use them with my Series X and they have been flawless.

If you want wireless and the Official Xbox headset doesn't do it for you there are three good options.

Steel Series Arctis 7X or 9X and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2.

Now yeah there are other options but they are last gen options which mostly require the use of an audio extractor and limit your fps.

Last edited:
Soldato
can't believe i just got one via the microsoft website
12:30pm (14/03/2021)

i've noticed this last week when the site has stock, they seem to stagger the availability over the next few hours so use the link on stockinformer and sign in on microsoft site ready to click buy as you may get lucky.

first game im going to try is Doom64 on game pass :D i missed it first time round and has the simular soundtrack to the ps1 doom games.

PS: email says thanks for placing order so i'll believe it when its shipped haha.

update:

like i said I'd believe it when i see it.
after 5 days of the order stuck on pending missing the estimated delivery date and multiple phone calls
to Microsoft where no one knew what was going on I've just canceled the order.
I'd hate to think if i had a product from them and i needed it fixing, bunch of idiots.
I'll just wait until then end of the year where I can walk into a shop, give them my money and walk out with one.

Soldato
It's really not the cheapest at all as I got 36 months of Gamepass Ultimate for £97 - £96 for 3x12 month cards and £1 to convert.

You looked at the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2's? I use them with my Series X and they have been floorless.

If you want wireless and the Official Xbox headset doesn't do it for you there are three good options.

Steel Series Arctis 7X or 9X and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2.

Now yeah there are other options but they are last gen options which mostly require the use of an audio extractor and limit your fps.

I haven't but thanks I'll have a look and compare them, I think I might get the MS one and try it out and return it if its no good, I'm not an audiophile so as long as you can turn the bass down, they are reliable and have good battery life I should be ok with them.

Associate

That only works though if your GPU subscription has ended or you're a new customer I believe. The EA passes are one of the cheaper ways to extend your subscription - in my case I still had more than a year of GPU left but wanted to extend it further as I can't see the £1 offer going on forever.

Soldato
That only works though if your GPU subscription has ended or you're a new customer I believe. The EA passes are one of the cheaper ways to extend your subscription - in my case I still had more than a year of GPU left but wanted to extend it further as I can't see the £1 offer going on forever.

Ahh right. I still think you can get the passes cheaper if you look around someone in this thread bought them very cheap if i'm not mistaken.

Soldato
So am I being daft just paying the £10.99 a month, what would happen if I cancel that and start looking at one of these deals? Feels like I'm over paying compared to others

You can buy 12 month EA Play vouchers for under £20 from cdkeys. They transfer to 4 months gamepass ultimate when added to your account. You need to already have an active gamepass ultimate sub to add them.

Soldato

Through HotdealsUK i found a website that sells XGPU for between 70 to 90p a week. That works out to be about £45 per year. I'm now booked up to Dec 2022. I might do another years worth. It's a hassle but i do 10 per night.

Back
Top Bottom