**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Also the indiafoxtecho goshawk got added, but I recently found out just flight are working on a T1/A Hawk so now I’m probably going to hold out for that one now...

Soldato
I played this again last night and performance seems to have tanked since before III update.

Also my Icon A5 seems to lose all electronics 5 mins after take off, happens every time, must be a bug.

I’ve gone back to the London Orbyx pack which looks much better than the ‘bombed out’ look that London had after Update III.

Soldato
Just FYI to anyone with a 3000 series, latest nvidia drivers 461.92 seem to be a notable improvement on my Ampere card for MSFS from my very brief test... hard to do consistently in MSFS of course but I just flew to an area I flew in previously around lake district getting around 58-62fps and 99% GPU, I was now getting 65-72fps with 90-97% GPU (so now becoming CPU bound). Yet to test in VR but hope to this eve. Anecdotally from user reports it seems Turing still better off on 457.30

Last edited:
Soldato
Just FYI to anyone with a 3000 series, latest nvidia drivers 461.92 seem to be a notable improvement on my Ampere card for MSFS from my very brief test... hard to do consistently in MSFS of course but I just flew to an area I flew in previously around lake district getting around 58-62fps and 99% GPU, I was now getting 65-72fps with 90-97% GPU (so now becoming CPU bound). Yet to test in VR but hope to this eve. Anecdotally from user reports it seems Turing still better off on 457.30
Thanks for the heads up.

Also there was an update for the icon a5 in the download manager, maybe this will help me. Would love it if I didn’t have to actively mange this games download.

Soldato
Discovered something massive today, for me anyway, regarding getting this game looking as good as it can/ should. I knew something was 'off' with the visuals after only really getting into the sim the other day, and it's taken me a few days to crack it, but here it is....

I only discovered this by the way from a chance youtube post about ground textures being a bit blurry and buildings - especially PHOTOGRAMMETRY areas looking bad ("melted"), even when everything is maxed.

The problem/ fix is...

(NOTE: This is for the Windows Gamepass version. No idea if it's relevant for Steam etc)

- In Windows settings in the Gaming section (where "game mode" toggle etc is) is one called "XBOX NETWORKING". When you go in here it automatically runs an internet specs test and shows Xbox Live multiplayer "NAT" type and "Server connectivity". Before applying this fix it would show the NAT type as closed, and said something about "Teredo". Teredo?....

Basically Teredo is a "networking protocol that's used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT). ... Without a Teredo IP address, you'll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live".

Sounds like it might not be relevant for this game? Wrong wrong wrong. Long story short, this setting being off has a MAJOR impact for this game too, as it affects the 'on the fly' internet data streaming generation of textures, scenery and especially the photogramettry stuff! Before the fix, no matter what settings I used in game (or even manual cached), photogramettry areas would look poor and buildings and various terrain textures just did not look as sharp, detailed and impressive as I've seen online.

(There is a "fix" button you can use in the section, but when you reboot the PC it turns off again and you manually have to redo it every time.) TO PERMANENTLY FIX THE PROBLEM:

- With an elevated CMD prompt type the following to see the state of Teredo:

netsh interface teredo show state

If it says disabled then type the command:

netsh interface teredo set state type=enterpriseclient

TEST IT'S PROPERLY WORKING BY REBOOTING AND GOING BACK IN. IF STILL OPEN AND CONNECTED, ALL IS GOOD!!!!

(More info here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/...esolution-streaming-issues-please-read/278035)

Thought others on here might find this useful. It's made an absolutely massive difference to the quality of visuals as I've described, and from my testing so far has had no negative impact on overall performance or smoothness/ micro stutter issues (which I've also been working on and have some tweaks if anyone's interested!)

Last edited:
Soldato
How's performance likely to be on my 5600X/3060Ti/1440UW/32GB? And how does an Xbox controller (latest version) compare to mouse/kb?
Performance will be fine and whilst I wouldn’t even want to try a keyboard to fly I did start off with an Xbox controller and it got me to the point where I just loved the game and bought a joystick and more recently a throttle quadrant so it can hook you!

Soldato
How's performance likely to be on my 5600X/3060Ti/1440UW/32GB? And how does an Xbox controller (latest version) compare to mouse/kb?

Will be fine (not withstanding the widespread performance issues with the current patch).

Xbox Controller about a million times better than keyboard/mouse... not as good as a HOTAS obviously but perfectly usable for some casual play.

Soldato
Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong as I’m having electrical problems on all planes.

Upon entering a plane there is a constant clicking sound and the ‘keys’ or magneto is clicking (like your car keys in the ignition constantly turning on/off)

Shortly after takeoff all electrics fail.

Permabanned
Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong as I’m having electrical problems on all planes.

Upon entering a plane there is a constant clicking sound and the ‘keys’ or magneto is clicking (like your car keys in the ignition constantly turning on/off)

Shortly after takeoff all electrics fail.
Sounds like you may have an axis bound to one of the start/magento functions

Associate

Oh good I'm glad someone else noticed. I agree this driver is giving much better performance especially in vr.

Soldato
Interesting, mine was saying the same borrocks about teredo.

Didn’t make London look any better sadly, haven’t tried elsewhere yet.

I tried London today - still not great. I even tried a high quality manual cache from city airport and down the Thames as my internet speed is only 40Mbps max - still the same. It's like the photogrammetry never kicks in to the best details. I think London is just borked.

Tokyo however is definitely better after doing the 'Teredo' network fix I described above, and general flying around the general Uk countryside is great. Not tested more yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone with WMR that’s feeling brave, give the beta channel Windows 10 21H1 update a try with the latest 461.92 Nvidia drivers.

It carries an update to WMR along with the changes to windows itself and from my brief play yesterday it felt much smoother in terms of frame pacing (Reverb G2, motion smoothing off with frames locked to 30fps in Nvidia control panel). Still had some small occasional stutters and one large one from the huge CPU frame time spikes sim update III introduced for me, but the overall experience was the best flight I’ve had in VR yet.

Soldato
Folks..Ive just loaded MSFS today for the first time in a few weeks... but each time I do a flight it crashes to desktop with no errors....
I do have a new flight stick plugged in (X56 Rhino)...

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom