Anyone had a Cease placed on the line by BT OPEN REACH ?

Soldato
Can anyone help here , any suggestions will be helful

I've gone to do a home move with Sky on Tuesday and have been told there is a Cease on my line that was placed 11 days ago , this was due to the new buyer telling them he was moving in in on the 26th ?

Sky have asked me to get in touch with my buyer to ask them to cancel the order so the cease can be taken off and the home move completed . Ive managed to talk with him and he them spoken with them and he's just been told no Cease has been placed on the line . I dont think my buyer will call to cancel as this will dleay the arrived of his services and he wont have them in time .

Having then callled Sky back they are still insistant that the Cease is on it and they cant do anything !

I've spoken with Customer services and they have been of no real help at all , surley they should just treat me as a new customer ?

Help

Caporegime
If someone has ordered a new service into your current house then Sky will have notified you ("sorry you're leaving us"), at which point you tell Sky that you aren't leaving, and they can cancel the attempted migration. You shouldn't have to work with whoever the buyer has chosen, Sky can do this all on your behalf.

Soldato
OP
If someone has ordered a new service into your current house then Sky will have notified you ("sorry you're leaving us"), at which point you tell Sky that you aren't leaving, and they can cancel the attempted migration. You shouldn't have to work with whoever the buyer has chosen, Sky can do this all on your behalf.

If only that us the case , ive not has that email text call

Sky keep telling me I have to do this - Ridiculius . All customer services want to do is pass me on to the home moving team who then tell me i have to get the buyer to remove the cease !

Caporegime
It’s been a while, but if you notify your provider you’re moving they’ll ask for your new address and place an order which will place a cease on the line at the new address. Sky can’t stop this, it’s just trying to speak to someone at BT that has any intelligence. The person moving in may not want to cancel their order though as it’ll mean they may be without a connection for anything up to two weeks after they move in.

Back
Top Bottom