*** Justice League Thread ***

Soldato
Article now updated

Yeah doesn't seem to be the case still on mine, so unless anyone else can confirm. HBO does have it in hdr with Atmos.

Sky is standard def upscaled with 5.1 in the UHD currently.

Plus bottom of the article still states:

"We also understand a 4K version with Dolby Atmos audio will arrive soon. So maybe wait for that, eh?"

---------------------

5.53pm - Yeah did little more digging

UHD/HDR versions are delayed - problems with the transfer from HBO to Sky meant they haven't been able to get them encoded yet.

Will hang on for the hdr atmos.

Soldato
Yeah doesn't seem to be the case still on mine, so unless anyone else can confirm. HBO does have it in hdr with Atmos.

Sky is standard def upscaled with 5.1 in the UHD currently.

Plus bottom of the article still states:

"We also understand a 4K version with Dolby Atmos audio will arrive soon. So maybe wait for that, eh?"
That is part of the original article. Before the update at the start. My Q boxshows a UHD version at 31.1Gb

Soldato
Yes, but that's an up scaled standard def verson with 5.1 sound as I said.

The true 4k version should be in HDR with dolby atmos which is delayed.

Soldato
Working fine for me 31.1gb in UHD, but does say enhanced for UHD. Says atmos but only doing 5.1.

Did you go sky cinema, then into Ultra UHD and try grab it that way?
Yeah it seemed it came up later in the day as I started watching about 2pm. When I was checking before 9 there were only options for SD or HD

Soldato
Well this was pretty epic. Not a bad quality on Now TV.

Really wouldn't be surprised if this gets an actual cinema release end of the year.

More than happy to pay to see this on the big scren as well.

Man of Honour
Can we take a moment to appreciate the sound in this version? I do not recall the sound clarity, punch and dynamic range being this rich in Weedon's one. This is immense, just from my two bookshelf speakers alone I am getting a complete cinema experience in just sound especially the Wonder Woman scene at the start.

You also can scale it to zoom into 16:9 etc without missing too much, hell even the subtitles for non English parts are placed so high up the frame to allow for cropped AR. I am watching slightly cropped in just to fill a bit more of the screen but still retaining enough IMAXness.

Soldato
An order of magnitude better than the Whedon version. Still a typical DC fluff piece and if you didn’t like Snyder’s other efforts there’s no surprises, but if you did you’ll be pleased with things like dumb side plots being culled, most of all the new stuff working for the better, the tone being consistent with the other outings and the ending being a little more dramatic and less Deus Ex Superman. Those signature comic book framing moments are back too, I’ll give to Snyder - he knows how to make things look like they’ve jumped from the panel to the screen.

He must bully editors into submission though, there’s quite a few moments that drag on for no reason that contribute to the running time. I also cringed a bit at ‘not impressed’ or whatever it was, like I know he’s god-tier but come onnnnnn.

Soldato
Much better film, can tell it was Synder version by the feel watching it, felt like I was watching a DC movie and not what we had released originally, had a better tone throughout and fleshed more out (considering it's 4 hours no surprise there but didn't feel like it watching) Props to the CG guys for making Steppenwolf look decent this time around.

Fleshing out the fight showing more of Superman powers felt like watching an Anime when the hero arrives to save the day.

Soldato
I'm surprised how different the final fight was. When compared to the Synder cut, Whedon version is so messy and lacked continuity, Victor had his limbs pulled off by Steppenwolf and few moments later he's all fine. Synder cut is also much more serious and most of the humour elements and dialog has been removed/replaced.

Back
Top Bottom