PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Sony releasing a host of games for free from 25th March, don't even need a PS plus membership either. Astro bot and Rez infinite (both mentioned on last page) included. So are Moss and Paperbeast both VR games which I have never heard of.

Soldato
If this ends up being good it might be my first VR purchase. I was tempted by the current playstation VR a while back but decided against it in the end

It will be worth it just to play the current crop of games with a better resolution with better controls. A bunch of current titles are bound to be enhanced too and I can't wait to revisit RE7. RE7 was the game that convinced me that not only could VR do a traditonal video games, but it can do them in a more immersive way than I thought possible. It's so weird how being inside a video game makes everything feel real, regardless of art style, vs watching a game being played on a screen.

Associate
Games like doom 3 should have come out way before now. They are perfect for psvr even though they are considered old games.

Honestly this is the way to play doom 3. The tracking is perfect and it just looks great IMO. As I said before there is a slight blurryness to the image but maybe it will be improved with an update.

I really hope we get more old games like this on psvr.

Half life 1&2
Far cry
Soldier of fortune
Quake
Alien and predator games

Really looking forward to PSVR2. Considering the limitations we have had last gen the psvr has done really well. All we needed was analog sticks on the moves and it would have been nearly perfect.

Soldato
Really looking forward to PSVR2. Considering the limitations we have had last gen the psvr has done really well. All we needed was analog sticks on the moves and it would have been nearly perfect.

I can't wait! I'll prob give Doom 3 a go then as my PSVR is packed away now and it's a total pain swapping back and forth for HDR. Hopefully the new Resident Evilwill get a VR patch.

Associate
I can't wait! I'll prob give Doom 3 a go then as my PSVR is packed away now and it's a total pain swapping back and forth for HDR. Hopefully the new Resident Evilwill get a VR patch.

I got lucky getting the version 2 VR didn't even realise that the 1st was non HDR tbh. Really excited for this, hopefully they go all out and it will be a PC like experience.

Soldato
I got lucky getting the version 2 VR didn't even realise that the 1st was non HDR tbh. Really excited for this, hopefully they go all out and it will be a PC like experience.

Nice. It's super frustrating having to toggle between the two! I basically stopped playing regular HDR games when it came out and used the PS as a dedicated VR machine. Now the PS5 is out the headset has been put to the side. I've played some PC VR and the resolution really makes a difference. The controls too, but mostly visually. That's my main gripe with current PSVR so can't wait for the next revision.

Associate
Nice. It's super frustrating having to toggle between the two! I basically stopped playing regular HDR games when it came out and used the PS as a dedicated VR machine. Now the PS5 is out the headset has been put to the side. I've played some PC VR and the resolution really makes a difference. The controls too, but mostly visually. That's my main gripe with current PSVR so can't wait for the next revision.

Yeah HDR makes a massive difference on my TV. I probably would have sold the V1 and got the 2nd as I enjoy playing random VR games :D mine is all setup and ready to go, I don't think I could cope with having to always having to move the PS5 to plug in the HDMI, whoever invented that little stand did a terrible job ha as it a pain to get it seated again correctly.

IMG-20210330-153852184.jpg

Man of Honour
Hoping to get a PS5 soon so I'm looking forward to using VR (I actually have the VR kit which I got off a friend for a great price).
My question:
Can normal games be played through the VR headset? I know they won't be VR but will it work as though you're next to a TV?

Soldato
I am not 100%. If its like PS4 then non vr PS4 games maybe played on the headset but I don't know about PS5 games. Although probably not due to the way the VR works in back compatibility mode.

Associate
Hoping to get a PS5 soon so I'm looking forward to using VR (I actually have the VR kit which I got off a friend for a great price).
My question:
Can normal games be played through the VR headset? I know they won't be VR but will it work as though you're next to a TV?

I've played FIFA on the VR the game loaded find this was the PS4 version.

I don't think I could last 2 mins doing that though the resolution is just too poor.

Back
Top Bottom