• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So am I being daft just paying the £10.99 a month, what would happen if I cancel that and start looking at one of these deals? Feels like I'm over paying compared to others

Well you could cancel then purchase 3x12 months from cdkeys for £90-96 normally Brazilian ones then use a VPN connected to Brazil to accept on your account. If you do this route make sure you don't get the extra bonus months as max you can have is 36 months then you can convert to ultimate for £1. That'll cover you for the next 3 years regardless of any ultimate price increases.

Man of Honour
update:

like i said I'd believe it when i see it.
after 5 days of the order stuck on pending missing the estimated delivery date and multiple phone calls
to Microsoft where no one knew what was going on I've just canceled the order.
I'd hate to think if i had a product from them and i needed it fixing, bunch of idiots.
I'll just wait until then end of the year where I can walk into a shop, give them my money and walk out with one.

They have a bunch of idiots working in their repairs department. I sent my Elite controller back 2 times and in the end just fixed it myself.

Soldato
You can buy 12 month EA Play vouchers for under £20 from cdkeys. They transfer to 4 months gamepass ultimate when added to your account. You need to already have an active gamepass ultimate sub to add them.

Thanks, so I have an active pay monthly subscription. I buy a £20 EA Play voucher, activate it on my account, they stop taking the monthly payment for 4 months or I can buy as many vouchers as I want and each one will equal an additional four months. When they expire they start taking the monthly payment again.

Have I got that right?

Soldato
Thanks, so I have an active pay monthly subscription. I buy a £20 EA Play voucher, activate it on my account, they stop taking the monthly payment for 4 months or I can buy as many vouchers as I want and each one will equal an additional four months. When they expire they start taking the monthly payment again.

Have I got that right?

Yes but you can only stack up to 3 years in advance which include whatever you already have.

Soldato
Ok thanks for the advice, I take it this is what you do? No VPNs or anything needed? Just seems too good to be true you're effectively more than halving the subscription cost

Yes I did originally do the conversion for £1 but have used the EA Play codes to top up my account to 3 years again.

This is from the Xbox support site....

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can redeem EA Play codes that will automatically convert and extend their Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription at a ratio based on the following table:

1 month of EA Play = 10 days of Ultimate

3 months of EA Play = 1 month of Ultimate

6 months of EA Play = 2 months of Ultimate

12 months of EA Play = 4 months of Ultimate

Associate

Have I got that right?
If you look over at HotUKDeals you'll see these codes often come available for ~£16.67 for 12 months (converts to 4 months GPU).

Soldato
Wreckfest, Prey, Dishonored 60fps and now squadrons added to game pass. Where to start! Squadrons this weekend I think! Fair play to MS.
Enjoy. Squadrons was one the first games I played on PSVR. I didn't think the game overall was that great but I wish I could replicate that feeling every day of the first time I sat in an x wing and looked around. Amazing,

Soldato
do you need to cancel firsts?

This is the bit I'm not sure on, I think you need to keep your subscription active but they stop taking the money every month if I'm understanding correctly. I then don't understand how you keep tabs on when it expires so you know to top up again before the monthly subscription fee kicks in again

I'm sure its pretty simple in practice but all seems to good to be true and complicated at first!

Thanks for the advice @MOOGLEYS

Soldato
Yes this is correct.

On your Xbox if you go into settings and then subscriptions it shows when it will expire.

You MUST have an active Ultimate sub to convert the EA Play codes to Ultimate either by subscription or previous code.

No problem enjoy...

Last edited:
Soldato
£70 too much for a stupidly fast NVMe? How are you expecting to pay £90 for it? £160 is a bargain for what it is, especially with component prices as they are.

I never said i was expecting to pay £90. I'm just not willing to pay that much for an expansion that can only be used on my xbox.

Back
Top Bottom