• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card prices?

Associate
There was no bots involved on OCUK 3070 drops. I checked in 5min after the drop. The Zotac @£799 was still available. People are hesitant as the prices are just too high.

I promise you the stock informer bots noticed them. As you say the price was likely on the high side for some scalpers

Soldato
In related news, it looks like the PS5 shortage is over there were some big stock drops in the past 2 weeks and this has normalised the PS5 scalper price. Its only a matter of time before the scalpers move on.

As this shortage started on November 19th, i think having PS5s available for people to buy will take some of the heat out of the GPU panic buying.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
just had a thought with all the console talk, they have roughly a 6700xt in them give or take it seems so how long until someone figures out how to mine on them, more so with the prices seeming to just be going up and up.

koh

koh

Associate
Report today on lockdown boredom drives uk video market to 7bn high also imapcted on PC hardware...
'the report said that the shift to home working fuelled a 70% increase in sales of PC games hardware to £823m, as consumers out of the eye of bosses sought to “purchase dedicated games computers to ensure home working set-ups could double as entertainment systems”. Total spend on all games hardware rose 61% to £2.26bn.'
These GPU may not, hopefully, be permanent once work returns to 'normal'.

Associate
In related news, it looks like the PS5 shortage is over there were some big stock drops in the past 2 weeks and this has normalised the PS5 scalper price. Its only a matter of time before the scalpers move on.

As this shortage started on November 19th, i think having PS5s available for people to buy will take some of the heat out of the GPU panic buying.

Nice to hear. The Xbox series S has stayed in stock for over 24 hours in the UK. Hopefully as the PS5 and Xbox stay in stock AMD can start switching production from chips for consoles to gpu chips, they have promised weekly production of the 6700xt

Associate
Nice to hear. The Xbox series S has stayed in stock for over 24 hours in the UK. Hopefully as the PS5 and Xbox stay in stock AMD can start switching production from chips for consoles to gpu chips, they have promised weekly production of the 6700xt

Only reason series S stay in stock because its trash and nobody wants it. Looks like a white base speaker. lol

Wouldnt buy that for £99 let alone 250.

Associate
There was no bots involved on OCUK 3070 drops. I checked in 5min after the drop. The Zotac @£799 was still available. People are hesitant as the prices are just too high.

Aye,

My pre-order for a 3080 on OC was £580.

The fact OC sell 3070s for more than that now is just depressing. I buy 90% of my gear from OC but cant justify their prices.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
thats nuts, even if you say 1199 which is 200 over rrp to account for the block and whatever they have done to it that still leaves 600 ffs. but no ones being greedy according to some on this forum. they have to do it because reasons lol

Associate
A quote from our squads forum
Incidentally, last week I was offered a used 3080 founders edition card for £2,000. I know the card exists and I know the seller personally so that all checked out. I turned it down as I have other things to spend 2K on. The card went into a sealed bid auction and sold later the same day for £2,500. It was at that point I realised that the world had gone certifiably insane.

Soldato
Incidentally, last week I was offered a used 3080 founders edition card for £2,000. I know the card exists and I know the seller personally so that all checked out. I turned it down as I have other things to spend 2K on. The card went into a sealed bid auction and sold later the same day for £2,500. It was at that point I realised that the world had gone certifiably insane.

They're not available all the time, but there are full 3080 systems coming up for £2000 if you watch out. I could have bought a 3080 HP Omen for £1750 a few days ago (with blue light discount). You'd have to be stupid to pay £2500 for the card alone.

Back
Top Bottom