Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
I don't know why I didn't go down the street triple path straight after the SV, it's an epic little bike.

Definitely much more enjoyable to me than the blackbird but I'm glad I've at least experienced a straight line rocket.

I sat and added up roughly what the previous owners have spent on aftermarket parts and it comes in just over £3k by my guess :eek:

Man of Honour
I don't know why I didn't go down the street triple path straight after the SV, it's an epic little bike.

Definitely much more enjoyable to me than the blackbird but I'm glad I've at least experienced a straight line rocket.

I sat and added up roughly what the previous owners have spent on aftermarket parts and it comes in just over £3k by my guess :eek:

I went SV650, Street Triple, Tuono 1100 Factory, MT-10 (and R6 track bike), Duke 890R.

My next bike will be in quite a few years, I imagine when electric bikes take off. I really like light bikes, around the 160-170kg region, and electric will be porkers for decades.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I went SV650, Street Triple, Tuono 1100 Factory, MT-10 (and R6 track bike), Duke 890R.

My next bike will be in quite a few years, I imagine when electric bikes take off. I really like light bikes, around the 160-170kg region, and electric will be porkers for decades.
What's the 890R like compared the to the STR?

Man of Honour
What's the 890R like compared the to the STR?

Very similar weight and handling, 20% more power, and extremely noticeable increase in torque.

Add blipper, QS, cruise, IMU, full electronics package, TFT screen, and the best brakes on the market and you have a superb package. Twins sound great too :eek:

It was a very easy decision between the 890R and the Street Triple 765 RS, even though I loved that bike.

Soldato
Mot passed today.

Advisory for noisy exhaust (standards) bent brake pedal which it has been for years and front tyre near legal limit.

The guy said he was really impressed on how well the Michelin Road 5's had evenly worn. I will definitely buy those again.

Soldato
Hi guys. I'm not a biker but thought this looked cool so took a couple of pics.

Motorbike-1.jpg

Motorbike-2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone tell me the bar clamp hole spacing please on a Tiger 800?, i bought some swmotech bar backs on ebay second hand and think they may not fit, they are the right 28mm size but i think the hole spacing might be off, not had a chance to try mounting them yet.

LEH.00.039.23000/S is the model number.

Back
Top Bottom