*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
My current bike. No chain lube or adjustment. Doesn't really matter what gear you are in either!

anJEUCY.jpg
I had a 2016 1200 and it was mega. Rusted like mad after 18months so got rid of it (back to bmw and traded for a car) but apart that I loved it. Torque for days, front end would come up just off the throttle and it was super plush. It sounded great stock so I imagine it’s even better with a can.

Associate
ACtC-3eA0yr1boqToOgDQjLYUX9WjOzg6VpLy19TG1JK_PCV7fDzZSw_UB2Ek-1DCm96yt4j5TMALqQ2F0HQxZ5Hgyb2tIM4MOfHJLAXqa0ZBDBLivUH-6jjvUjYKu5WakDZ4Ld7pXyajEANz6YHqhOqB58zSQ=w1080-h915-no

Quickshifters are fun and that arrow can sounds epic!

Whoever signed off those stock mirrors needs a slap though, useless at seeing things great at getting in the way. Bar end mirrors are on the way.

Looks tidy that mate, nice one. Weird how we both went from Honda to Triumph.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Back on two wheels, this was a bit of a lockdown project... MOT booked in for Tuesday.

If anyone is interested in how it runs, I can record something over the weekend.

image.jpg

Soldato
She finally arrived yesterday morning :D :cool:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Carried out a few mods so far :-

• Rear Genuine BMW S1000R LED indicators
  • Changed amber indicator lenses in the mirrors to clear and fitted LED bulbs
  • Fitted a Cyclops Sports LED dipped beam H7 bulb
  • Removed BMW rack and refitted grab handles (will refit rack if I need the space, but the standard grab handles clean up the back end I think
  • Fitted carbon exhaust shroud

Associate
Good work! Though the Scottish sun is making it look more red than lava orange! :p

I can recommend the HP rearsets if you want some adjustability, I have one slightly bent one in the shed still :D.

Soldato
Good work! Though the Scottish sun is making it look more red than lava orange! :p

I can recommend the HP rearsets if you want some adjustability, I have one slightly bent one in the shed still :D.

Might look at HP rearsets m8, yes. Could do with a wee bit more adjustability on the pegs.

Nice! Check out the Hossacks on that...

Secondhand, or are they still making them?

2010 bike m8, 26k miles. BMW don't make these anymore, the XR1000 fills their tourer gap now. Strange though, nothing quite like the K1300S is now available, so much so that most long term owners won't give up their K1300 for anything now as there is literally nothing close to it on the market. Big mistake by BMW I reckon.

Soldato
Might look at HP rearsets m8, yes. Could do with a wee bit more adjustability on the pegs.

2010 bike m8, 26k miles. BMW don't make these anymore, the XR1000 fills their tourer gap now. Strange though, nothing quite like the K1300S is now available, so much so that most long term owners won't give up their K1300 for anything now as there is literally nothing close to it on the market. Big mistake by BMW I reckon.
Are they not similar to the zzr1400?

My mate had one not long back and it was an interesting bike. Shed loads of torque, I’ve not ridden anything quite like it. The speeds it could get up to were quite frankly ridiculous.

Soldato
Are they not similar to the zzr1400?

My mate had one not long back and it was an interesting bike. Shed loads of torque, I’ve not ridden anything quite like it. The speeds it could get up to were quite frankly ridiculous.

Yes, similar to the big Kwack, but what I really meant was that in BMW's model range there isn't anything similar. And I can confirm the speed and power is ridiculous :D

Short run yesterday to a local SAS monument. Loving this thing :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Soldato
Yes, similar to the big Kwack, but what I really meant was that in BMW's model range there isn't anything similar. And I can confirm the speed and power is ridiculous :D

Short run yesterday to a local SAS monument. Loving this thing :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
Yeah the closest thing to this in the bmw range is the humongous 1600 which is more like a goldwing!
The first time I looked down at the clocks I had to do a double take :p

Soldato

Was giving the bike a clean the other day and noticed this, it must be from when it went over in the wind, would have been a lot worse if i didn't have the crash bars.

I've got some filler and the correct paint and lacquer to touch it up myself, should look fine i think.

Back
Top Bottom