• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Soldato
I'm on 1.2.0.0 even though it lets me go +400MHz or +500MHz in the BIOS it no longer translate through when I check the clockspeeds or if I go Ryzen Master its just +200MHz.

Slightly annoying they have done this as its overclocking and surely outside the warranty whether its +200MHz or +500MHz and its not like you Ryzen Master stops you putting in silly multipliers or voltages, mine seemed rock solid at 5050Mhz also with a -14 curve
It's probably for product segmentation when/if AMD releases lower end sku's like the 5600 ~5700x.

Maybe also to reduce RMA if people push their CPUs to hard.

Caporegime
@alec

Couple of questions if you don't mind?

What's your temps in Cinebench? Did you use the off set mount on your cooler? are you using the supplied MX-4 TIM or something else?

Mine: Low 80's, supplied MX-4 TIM, normal mount.

Associate
What's your temps in Cinebench? Did you use the off set mount on your cooler? are you using the supplied MX-4 TIM or something else?
No offset (rev2), grizzly hydronaut
81-87 depending on whether case is warmed up. Tiny case, 2070 Super can make it pretty toasty. Even tho CPU cooler air comes from outside
Ran now with system idle for a long time, 84.

Soldato
Well got home today and stripped the PC, fitted my 5800X and straight into bootloop.
Refitted my 3600 and updated to the latest bios and loaded fail safes. Still the same so off it goes back.

Soldato
Just made the swap from a z390 and 8700k to a B550 and 5800x, cant really say I can notice an awful lot of difference but its still early days, tried to run that app to see how good the cpu was but using ryzen master its auto overclocking to 4.950ghz is that any good?

Soldato
Just made the swap from a z390 and 8700k to a B550 and 5800x, cant really say I can notice an awful lot of difference but its still early days, tried to run that app to see how good the cpu was but using ryzen master its auto overclocking to 4.950ghz is that any good?
Decent clocks but gaming perf improvement will be minimal on 1440 UW though you will get a decent uplift with multicore workloads.

Soldato
Although its having a hissy fit with one of my sticks of ram, simply wont boot with one stick installed, tried every combination no go, the other 3 fine, odd thing is the one that wont boot in b550 is fine in the intel setup

Soldato
Although its having a hissy fit with one of my sticks of ram, simply wont boot with one stick installed, tried every combination no go, the other 3 fine, odd thing is the one that wont boot in b550 is fine in the intel setup
Try giving it a bit more SOC voltage if it's only set to 1.1, up to 1.2 is safe.

Soldato
Thanks will take a look, so long since ive done any real tinkering, having said that why would the other 3 sticks boot without any adjustments but not this one?
Maybe that stick is a bit weaker than the rest and might need a bit more voltage, try bumping Vdimm up a bit from 1.35 and see if that helps before messing about with SOC.

Generally though AMD is a little more finicky with ram especially with 4 sticks.

Back
Top Bottom