BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
What issues did you have with the X3M?

Failed safety control system, external temperature sensor unable to work out what the temperature was, key not being detected in the car, driver profile problems where it'd not be avaiable, would not apply or would reset all the settings. This was over 6 months and all required multiple visits not to be resolved (6 in total)

Soldato
Black wheels aside, that 8 series is bloody gorgeous, looking at the picture bigger change the colour of those wheels to silver or anthracite, the black is really hiding how nice those wheels actually look.

Associate
Picked up my new (to me) 840i Convertible today.

Its Mineral White, with the black roof, full black merino leather, 20" wheels in PS3 tyres, Premium pack, Comfort Pack, Visibility Pack and Technology pack, so its got pretty much everything on it. The dealer had also fitted the carbon front grill, side "vents" and side skirts to it which really set the colour off.

Bit of a change from the X3M but that had burnt all the goodwill I had with the car...

I think that’s lovely, the wheels work nicely with the hood as well!

Shame about the X3M, on paper a good all around car! I spent ages looking at the X3 M40i but decided against buying new - otherwise would have happily had one.

Soldato
Just to cheer all the black wheel lovers up, here they are in all their glory ;). As the sun came out I took the roof down and also got a couple of pics of the interior and carbon.

and just because, here's the roof in motion

Associate
That is seriously nice. Best colour and best wheels. Stunning!!

Must be m340 week.

How about those wheels with Dravit Grey? Picked this up today, sorry for the rubbish pic I just snapped one before I hopped in to drive home. I'll sort some better ones another time. I couldn't resist this one as it was so well optioned, just missing the extended Merino for my ideal spec but the standard leather is fine.

M340i in Dravit Grey
Black with Grey stitching Vernasca
Individual Aluminium Fabric trim
Premium Pack
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack
Driving Assistant Pro
Parking Assistant Plus
Drive Recorder

Not a shadowline in sight!

QBCguGo.jpg

Soldato
OP
Failed safety control system, external temperature sensor unable to work out what the temperature was, key not being detected in the car, driver profile problems where it'd not be avaiable, would not apply or would reset all the settings. This was over 6 months and all required multiple visits not to be resolved (6 in total)
Ridiculous. Did they let you hand it back without any penalties or did you px it? On paper the X3M does everything but the reviews I read on issues people are having really puts me off.

Soldato
Must be m340 week.

How about those wheels with Dravit Grey? Picked this up today, sorry for the rubbish pic I just snapped one before I hopped in to drive home. I'll sort some better ones another time. I couldn't resist this one as it was so well optioned, just missing the extended Merino for my ideal spec but the standard leather is fine.

M340i in Dravit Grey
Premium Pack
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack
Driving Assistant Pro
Parking Assistant Plus
Drive Recorder

QBCguGo.jpg

Great spec, that is the spec/colour I would get the M340i in.

Man of Honour
Must be m340 week.

M340i in Dravit Grey
Premium Pack
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack
Driving Assistant Pro
Parking Assistant Plus
Drive Recorder

QBCguGo.jpg

Wow it really is M340 perfection day isn't it - stunning, no awful shadowline plus package, no horrible wheels and what a spec - it even has Driver Assistant Pro.

I'm properly jealous! What a car :D

Unfortunately all those photos of pretend carbon mirrors and black wheels and M PERFORMANCE stickers highlight all the parts of that 840i that have been spoiled :( It's the sort of styling ethos that used to rarely be found outside of McDonalds carpark, how did it end up being so mainstream? Are you not tempted to rip all that stuff off and get the wheels redone J1nxy?

Soldato
Ridiculous. Did they let you hand it back without any penalties or did you px it? On paper the X3M does everything but the reviews I read on issues people are having really puts me off.

looked at a number of cars and came to an agreement on this. Cost me some money but was so fed up with the X3 was ok with what we agreed.

Back
Top Bottom