TT 850w PSU

Soldato
I'm looking to build a 5900x / 3080 PC (when available), I was quite set on getting the Toughpower GF2 ARGB 850W PSU to link with TT ToughRam (so I'm not installing software for 1 part!), but I can't find any reviews online about it, does anyone have experience with TT psu's? Or is it worth just getting another 850w like Corsair HX850?

Thanks

Soldato
I bought a low powered TT about 17 odd years ago, I think it was a FSP OEM jobby. It did the job but the hardware I owned at the time would not have taxed it too much anyway.

Not now though. You answered your own question with the Corsair or buy what @EsaT suggested.

Soldato
OP
ah thanks!

I was looking at seasonics too but they seem to be sold out everywhere but I saw the ROG THOR 850W is a moded seasonic? what that be a better choice over the Corsair HX850?

Last edited:
Soldato
Warranty is the same, I would think the only thing the Asus has over the Corsair is the power usage indicator on the side of the PSU, a bit pointless if your case does not have the cutout in the PSU shroud to display it.

You were saying that 850W seasonics out of stock? there's a couple here & a few others as alternatives.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,008.91 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Warranty is the same, I would think the only thing the Asus has over the Corsair is the power usage indicator on the side of the PSU, a bit pointless if your case does not have the cutout in the PSU shroud to display it.

You were saying that 850W seasonics out of stock? there's a couple here & three others as alternatives.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £721.47 (includes shipping: £12.60)

ah thanks , the Focus PX-850 looks to be the one! :D

Associate
I'm looking to build a 5900x / 3080 PC (when available), I was quite set on getting the Toughpower GF2 ARGB 850W PSU to link with TT ToughRam (so I'm not installing software for 1 part!), but I can't find any reviews online about it, does anyone have experience with TT psu's? Or is it worth just getting another 850w like Corsair HX850?

Thanks
id stay away from anything thermaltake tbh, garbage quality control in a cheap chinese company with nice pictures.

seasonic, superflower, evga, corsair. pick one :D

Associate
im not sure about phanteks psus but also know theyre a cheapy chinese company like TT, however have much, much better QC. I was in china and their products were pretty much the same as the no name brand stuff. I like TT cases though

Back
Top Bottom