Installed EKWB 3090FE block - expected ballpark temps?

Associate
Hey all,

finally managed to get the EKWB 3090FE block installed. Shared on Reddit, including screenshots from Furmark tests. Really not too sure what to make of some of the comments regarding performance, which sees GPU max out at 54 deg C on core and 70 on memory junction under load. This compares with 104 deg C with stock cooler.

I’m fine accepting card may not be best performer, looking for some expert opinion here :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooli...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Soldato
Might of missed it but what RPM are your rad fans running at ?

It doesn't look like you undervolted the GPU either which does help a lot.

Currently reassembling my loop with a 10700K, EK 3090FE and 2 PE360s. I'll come back to compare.

Soldato
well al ot if going to depend on your loop, water temp as would want to compare the delta of that to your GPU temps. That said, your temps seem reasonable of course. Thanks for highlighting your memory temps was what I was most curious to see. That is a nice drop on the memory temps IMO, makes any full active backplate superfluous IMO in most cases.

Soldato
Ahh just seen your post, your sitting at 32 degrees coolant temp? if so I think that is slightly on the warmer side to be honest. Talking 22 degree delta from fluid temp to GPU temp, warm but would not say overly bad.

Associate
OP
Thanks @Radox-0 @momo56 for coming back to me. I was super happy with massive improvement over stock, then so,e Reddit commentary went and put a dent in my enthusiasm lol!

Will check fan and pump rpm tonight and feedback. With no space for additional rads/fans, and not chasing any kind of superhero benchmark performance, wanting to just get on and use the PC, I’ll be happy knowing I’ve optimized my current setup as is.

Associate
Installed the Alphacool here.
At the moment just the GPU on 1 x XE and 2 x PE.
3D Mark went up from 17420 (aircooled, cooler and case fans at 100%) to 18740 (watercooled) points on Time Spy , without any changes/OC. Cool card the boost doesn't drop.
On air, the card would stay at 70ish Celsius, or low 60's C at 100 fan. Memory junction at 84C.
Now the maximum was 45C, and memory junction at 62C.
Igorlabs got better results with the Alphacool, reason why I choose it (plus the £30 savings on backplate), but it is more restrictive than the EK.
Mining would result in higher temps, as would some specific software, but gaming, never got a game that stress as much the GPU as the benchmarks normally do.

Tried the Heaven Benchmark, which s a good way to push the GPU a bit. Lower temps than the 3D Mark.

Just don't feel disappointed. As the GPU gets to work cooler, it will boost more often, longer and higher. It's nothing wrong with your setup. You're only allowing the GPU to perform better.
Not really comparing apples to apples.
My result on 3D Mark, without any changes, apart from the cooling system shows this. But if the card were locked at the same clock for the same time, as before, I would expect maybe 10C cooler, guessing.

Associate
OP
Incidentally, what are folks using for fan/pump control these days. Currently using iCue for fans connected to Commander Pro, and Asus Fan Xpert 4 for water pump.

Only Asus Fan Xpert sees my temp sensor plug (water in), don't see this sensor listed (or other named sensor with same temp) either in HWINFO or iCie dashboard mb sensors

Associate
Incidentally, what are folks using for fan/pump control these days. Currently using iCue for fans connected to Commander Pro, and Asus Fan Xpert 4 for water pump.

Only Asus Fan Xpert sees my temp sensor plug (water in), don't see this sensor listed (or other named sensor with same temp) either in HWINFO or iCie dashboard mb sensors

No idea my D5 has a PWM lead that's not plugged in and has two Molex pins that are just plugged into a Molex lead plugged into the PSU i think its at the lower voltage! :)

Soldato
@grumpybeard

Capture123.png

That's mine after using furmark. +900 on the VRAM at the moment.

Not comfortable with using furmark though it's unrealistic. 400w usage and the core is at 1400mhz.

Going to try real games later on.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot for sharing @momo56, those temps look very similar to mine. What do you think about Heaven as a benchmark?

Going to do some testing with revised fan/pump profiles, look forward to seeing your temps from games.

Thanks again for sharing, reassures me that my block/card seem to be performing within norms.

Soldato
@momo56 do you know what your ambient is and water temp settles at? My ambient is 20, and water at 31, so +11T delta, seems a little toasty?

Have fans (LL120) fixed at 950rpm, and pump (EK 3.2 DDC) sitting at around 3000rpm.
Ambient temp is at 23 degrees. Not sure on fluid temp yet, motherboard annoyingly doesn't have pins for a probe.

Anyway your results seem good at 950 rpm.

Associate
EK block on my 3090 tuf never goes over 45 degrees full load. that's with a 5900x in the same loop and 2x360mm rads 60mm thick

Associate
Nice temps. How's your case and fan setup?

pic here

Lian-Li O11d XL
Cold Zero front panel mod so 3 front fans intake
top and bottom rads pushing out, rear fan out. Front fans run higher RPMs than the rad fans.

Still not happy with it, looking for a MO-RA3 or a case with decent 480mm rad support

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for sharing @Olly, that's really interesting, particularly the front intake mod, which I think contributes to good temps.

I believe that's the Achilles heel with my setup - less than ideal intake. Think I'll start by changing rear from from exhaust to intake and see how that goes.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom