It’s all kicking off in Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Don’t even say they have attacked a Taka Taka (Magic Roll)!!! :mad:

Best wraps ever from those!!

I think it’s actually pretty localised and a ‘relatively small’ group, thankfully.... but not nice to see of course. There’s quite a few anarchists in Bristol unfortunately.

Soldato
Don’t even say they have attacked a Taka Taka (Magic Roll)!!! :mad:

Best wraps ever from those!!

I think it’s actually pretty localised and a ‘relatively small’ group, thankfully.... but not nice to see of course. There’s quite a few anarchists in Bristol unfortunately.

I take your Taka Taka and raise it with Shake Wrap and Roll near the arches. They are glorious!

Was debating cycling through town today but decided to go to Bath instead. Made the right choice!

Soldato
Anarchists or not, this bill is an absolute disgrace. It’s akin to something an authoritarian dictatorship masquerading as a democracy would pass. Absolutely criminal. Any consideration I had for voting conservative has completely evaporated with this latest power grab.

Man of Honour
Anarchists or not, this bill is an absolute disgrace. It’s akin to something an authoritarian dictatorship masquerading as a democracy would pass. Absolutely criminal. Any consideration I had for voting conservative has completely evaporated with this latest power grab.
Yup. Terrible.

There is so little you can do. In some ways I’m not surprised that people (and anarchists) do react so negatively to it.

I take your Taka Taka and raise it with Shake Wrap and Roll near the arches. They are glorious!

Was debating cycling through town today but decided to go to Bath instead. Made the right choice!
I shall be taking a Voi scooter to investigate these fabled wraps this week :D

Caporegime

Agreed. It sucks that the cops have to bare the brunt of what should be considered a dictatorship decision.

Man of Honour
Unsurprising really, fully expect more to follow, they (the government) couldn’t have picked a worse time for this, they’ll be a lot of pent up energy around.

Caporegime
I don’t really care tbh. But even if I detested it, I wouldn’t resort to violence and criminal damage to protest against it.
Quite a sensational (also, misleading) thread title for something you don't care about :confused:

e: much more interested in the wrap chat. Can we get some pics and/or reviews?

fake e: @Nitefly, can you get some video footage (perhaps a Go Pro or whatever the cool kids use these days) of the wrap place and post it in this thread?

Soldato
They nearly got into the Police Station earlier the Police were proper pushed back they was severely outnumbered batons and shields stolen off the Police etc etc.

Then backup vans come and horses and more and more backup come and most just stuck kettled now.

Soldato
I wonder if it'll turn into French style rioting with police going in with water cannons and rubber bullets soon intead of a few flimsy shields. It's quite a mess, both the banning of protesting and some of the recent protects

Caporegime
I don’t really care tbh. But even if I detested it, I wouldn’t resort to violence and criminal damage to protest against it.

It's a mostly peaceful protest just like the BLM ones were.

Is fighting for everyone's freedom not as important as black lives then? what's the point in fighting for black lives if they don't have freedom?

Associate
I don't mind a peaceful protest at any time, as long as they maintain their 'distance' and follow the guidelines set out to limit the spread of this contagion that we have all had impact our lives. From the video it looks like they are overcrowding and ignoring the risks to others.

Man of Honour
It'll be interesting to see what the Government response is.

For reference, the parts of the bill to curb the effective disruption tactics from XR, in my view, are excessive. I think we need to accept that effective protest needs to be disruptive as without that element, protest is ignored.

With that said, I hope the whole bill isn't killed, it's a diverse package of legislation, some of it needed, such as bail reform (to fix the ineffective changes that were put in a few years ago) and for Specials to join the Police Federation.

Soldato
They nearly got into the Police Station earlier the Police were proper pushed back they was severely outnumbered batons and shields stolen off the Police etc etc.

Then backup vans come and horses and more and more backup come and most just stuck kettled now.

It looks wild now, people (including police) literally stood there doing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom