It’s all kicking off in Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
These people were in breach of lockdown laws, so why did the police not get stuck in and arrest everyone they could?

Because they don't have the numbers to do anything.

Given the huge support of free speech on here I expect the majority of the forum oppose this bill.

Yeah. But this violence and disorder will now be used to promote the need for this bill.

Soldato
I expect many are against the bill but also against this reaction to it. Police are too soft these days but given the recent protests for Sarah E you can understand their reluctance to go in too heavy handed.

Underboss
I support the right to a peaceful protest, I've done a couple of union marches but when the rent a mob show up and want a kick off then policing should be robust and swift - sadly that doesn't seem to be any form of deterrent.

The sentencing should also be the same, I remember my Prison receiving stayed open 24h during the London riots to receive people on remand for partaking due to the amount of arrests and the Police backlog, that was a long week.

Soldato
Is this now the default argument, blame Antifa. Weaksauce

When masked up people in black and carrying AntiFa flags start rioting and multiple AntiFa Twitter accounts are posting about 'this only being the start', it's pretty hard not to blame AntiFa. But hey, if you're happy living in your little delusion...

Soldato
My point exactly, look at the idiots doing it, I bet none of them have even looked at the bill, just their pals opinions on Facebook. Lock them all up.

Theres a time and a place for real protest and this isnt it.

Completely agree, anyone who's prosecuted for inciting violence should be given a lifetime ban for entering the center of Bristol.

Why are Twitter not closing these down, i'm all for free speech, but these groups are practically bordering on terrorist activity.

Caporegime
No, I wouldn't call everyone who attends a Tommy Robinson rally "Nazis" as that would be ludicrous.

However, he doesn't really seem to organise protests about much in particular other than a bit of self promotion, whereas this is a protest opposing a bill which pushes us towards a police state.

I don't support violence towards officers or police animals. I don't support smashing up police vehicles or setting them in fire, or smashing windows. But as usual a hardcore element did that and everybody here tars them with the same brush.

Caporegime
Important updates on the wrap thinking so far.

'Taka Taka' sounds rad, so good they named it twice. I'm suggesting 8, maybe even 8.5, out of 10 on name alone.
'Shake Wrap and Roll' is a let down. It's not even a comically bad/good name, vis a vis calling your salon 'Hair Today Gone Tomorrow' (a-ha!). It's a clunky 5 out of 10 I'm afraid.

Let's all wait patiently while @Nitefly and @Junglist do whatever it is they do with their lives when they're not providing evidence of best wrap in Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom