10900k @ 5.5GHZ

Associate
OP
Some of those temps are really low, are you chilling the water ? ;)

Check these temps out... and finally hit 18k!! wooho. I'm running Liquid metal on the IHS with a H150i Pro GTX mate. I have to admit though, I did open the window today with that last run. Other runs, i just set the pump to maximum and fans maximum. Temp in my room is usually 18-19. I'm still impressed with the corsair AIO.

Last edited:
Associate
Check these temps out... and finally hit 18k!! wooho. I'm running Liquid metal on the IHS with a H150i Pro GTX mate. I have to admit though, I did open the window today with that last run. Other runs, i just set the pump to maximum and fans maximum. Temp in my room is usually 18-19. I'm still impressed with the corsair AIO.

Opened the window ???? where do you live ? Siberia ?

9 degrees on some of the cores , that's like an ambient of 6-7 degrees (depending on fan output). That's crazy.

My room right now is 22 degrees , my water temp taken from mid loop is 25.8 degrees , that's on a Alphacool xt45 360 cross flow and an EK XE360 60mm rad all with push pull ML120 pros. (running approx 10% power at those temps and ramping up to 75% output to maintain loop temps under 35 degrees but never sees higher than 32)

At 100% fan output I can roughly match ambient temperature so as we speak I'm at 22 degrees water temp and 22 degrees ambient. (however I think I'm going to go deaf)

Associate
OP
Opened the window ???? where do you live ? Siberia ?

9 degrees on some of the cores , that's like an ambient of 6-7 degrees (depending on fan output). That's crazy.

My room right now is 22 degrees , my water temp taken from mid loop is 25.8 degrees , that's on a Alphacool xt45 360 cross flow and an EK XE360 60mm rad all with push pull ML120 pros. (running approx 10% power at those temps and ramping up to 75% output to maintain loop temps under 35 degrees but never sees higher than 32)

At 100% fan output I can roughly match ambient temperature so as we speak I'm at 22 degrees water temp and 22 degrees ambient. (however I think I'm going to go deaf)

Haha, check out the picture here. So all I would do is open the window and turn my case around so the intake is facing my window. It was very cool last night so that's why. Also I had power setting set to Balanced. The cores would only hit 9 when they go all the way down to 800MHZ.

I also genuinely put my performance of the CPU down to my motherboard or at least a big portion of my achievable clocks at least.

To show I have nothing exotic going on...

Try liquid metal on your IHS and then watch your temps drop like crazy. I either got lucky with my CPU that it likes to overclock or Asus SP numbers are pulled out of their arse sometimes. My CPU is showing up as 63. If I revert back my Bios it shoots up to 112. Your guess is as good as mine on which to believe.

Last edited:
Associate
Haha, check out the picture here. So all I would do is open the window and turn my case around so the intake is facing my window. It was very cool last night so that's why. Also I had power setting set to Balanced. The cores would only hit 9 when they go all the way down to 800MHZ.

I also genuinely put my performance of the CPU down to my motherboard or at least a big portion of my achievable clocks at least.

To show I have nothing exotic going on...

Try liquid metal on your IHS and then watch your temps drop like crazy. I either got lucky with my CPU that it likes to overclock or Asus SP numbers are pulled out of their arse sometimes. My CPU is showing up as 63. If I revert back my Bios it shoots up to 112. Your guess is as good as mine on which to believe.

Well I sold on my 10850k as I had pre-ordered a 11900k but the reviews didn't look all that great so I went with a 10900k at £400 which I thought was a bargain . Out of the box she's doing 5.1 all core at 1.265V LL6 Manual with a Cache of 48 SP89 and my old trident 3200 kit at 3600. Temps are MUCH better (that could be just my thermal paste application tho)

Really happy with this chip and looking forward to pushing it further.

Once I've run it in I'll liquid metal it and call it a day :)

Permabanned
Well I sold on my 10850k as I had pre-ordered a 11900k but the reviews didn't look all that great so I went with a 10900k at £400 which I thought was a bargain . Out of the box she's doing 5.1 all core at 1.265V LL6 Manual with a Cache of 48 SP89 and my old trident 3200 kit at 3600. Temps are MUCH better (that could be just my thermal paste application tho)

Really happy with this chip and looking forward to pushing it further.

Once I've run it in I'll liquid metal it and call it a day :)

5.1Ghz out of the box on all cores?

Associate
5.1Ghz out of the box on all cores?

What I ment was I just went with a quick and dirty overclock without any real voltage tweaking , I've since tweaked and can bench run 5.4ghz no problems and now have a nice stable 5.2ghz all core at 1.29v llc6 , tested with occt small data set SSE and large data set Avx2 , realbench and plenty of gaming. So far so good !

Associate
Mine does 5.1 non AVX all cores at 1.28v LLC level 7, but can't get stable at 5.2 all cores up to 1.34v, and my cooling can't push much higher.

Taking it up to 1.32v gets me higher AVX and Cache, but thats not really worth it so I backed it down to 1.28v with 4.8 Ghz on AVX and Cache.

I've tried playing around with the per core overclocking, but it doesn't really do anything, just allow you to to cherry pic which cores get turbo boost, and I've never seen turboboost frequencies ever get detected.

Permabanned
Cinebench is not going to be a good indication that you are “stable”. You see certain YouTubers showing how high they can hit using Cinebench only.

I would only use it for a base, nothing more.

Permabanned
I think this is why I went with 10900k, installed only few days ago..

Ryzen is great, but RAM tweaking / plus making sure its good to go with Ryzen, plus overclocking ''Aint nobody got time for that''

ive been out the loop awhile, I used to be heavily into overclocking back in 2017 I had the 8700k @ 5ghz all core, static overclock with 32gb ram 4000MHz
I still regret selling that system, any tips for these 10900k? I got the MSI ACE Z490 with h115i rgb platinum, I would like a all core static overclock without getting too toasty

Buy a better AIO. The Kraken Z73 is going to be a better option.

Back
Top Bottom