G Skill Neo 3600 C16 32G

Soldato
I cant find this anywhere in the UK at non-inflated prices OCUK don't sell it at ALL (no competition mods) but have noticed i can get it shipped from the states. the site adds VAT, but does anyone know if I'll have to pay import tax on top?

if so how much?

Soldato
If they do it will be 20% + £11-12 handling fee.

Although if its the egg place you might not need to, think they have a UK warehouse or something like that which is why they added the VAT.

Associate
Had an order in for it aswell in UK but now it's not available for sale so don't have hope they actually get stock. I was also thinking of the place you are and apparently there isn't extra import fees... I don't know how because from my understanding just because you pay VAT you also need to consider the value of the item for import fees which is also something you have to pay. Unless they are doing a very low declaration. I remember about 7 years ago importing computer hardware from Japan valued at £220 and being slapped with an extra £35 import fee or something around that.

I'm waiting a little because I have been able to put in an order for TeamGroup 3600C14 32GB kit in UK also awaiting stock: TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01

Sure it's more money but atleast then I won't have any nasty letters from parcelforce asking for extra cash.

Also about the warehouse thing pay attention to it stating "Ships from United States".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had an order in for it aswell in UK but now it's not available for sale so don't have hope they actually get stock. I was also thinking of the place you are and apparently there isn't extra import fees... I don't know how because from my understanding just because you pay VAT you also need to consider the value of the item for import fees which is also something you have to pay. Unless they are doing a very low declaration. I remember about 7 years ago importing computer hardware from Japan valued at £220 and being slapped with an extra £35 import fee or something around that.

I'm waiting a little because I have been able to put in an order for TeamGroup 3600C14 32GB kit in UK also awaiting stock: TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01

Sure it's more money but atleast then I won't have any nasty letters from parcelforce asking for extra cash.

Also about the warehouse thing pay attention to it stating "Ships from United States".

I found a duty calculator online and it said computer parts are duty (not vat) free. I guess I'll see in a few days time. I'll update the thread if you like.

D

Associate
I found a duty calculator online and it said computer parts are duty (not vat) free. I guess I'll see in a few days time. I'll update the thread if you like.

D

The egg place gives you a price that covers all fees, so what you see is what you pay. The 3600 16-16-16 kit can be had for 260 on there right now. That one is b die, I believe. The slower 3600C16 kit is around 200, which won't be b die.

Soldato
OP
The egg place gives you a price that covers all fees, so what you see is what you pay. The 3600 16-16-16 kit can be had for 260 on there right now. That one is b die, I believe. The slower 3600C16 kit is around 200, which won't be b die.

Well I paid via PayPal who decided to pay in dollars which meant I ended up paying £275, but no additional import fees. The LEDs are very bright, running XMP right now

Associate
Should be. I think all of the Neo kits have them. I got the 3800C16 and they hsve them. Shows in hwinfo

Yeah I was thinking that too but I've always thought of the temp sensor as a good way (for the manufacturer) to cost cut, especially in this climate you always want to make sure latest batches have them. It's something you can't really say to G. Skill "oh my ram doesn't have a temp sensor" and they can reply "well it's not advertised with one".

Soldato
OP
Yeah I was thinking that too but I've always thought of the temp sensor as a good way (for the manufacturer) to cost cut, especially in this climate you always want to make sure latest batches have them. It's something you can't really say to G. Skill "oh my ram doesn't have a temp sensor" and they can reply "well it's not advertised with one".

HWinfo says module not supported

Soldato
OP
To verify can you download thaiphoon burner and screenshot the main page? It should look something like this.

RQPPgCM.png

OK. Will have a look. In other news it seems to be running 3733 at 14,15,15,15,36 1T, yet to work on 2nd and 3rds ) although that is already faster than the 1usmus memory tuner goes...Haven't tried for 3800 as I'm scared it'll just fail on a 3950x...

Associate
OCUK used to stock full G.Skill range, ive asked multiple times in CS forum to find out why they no longer stock it to be given poor replies. They have obviously had some sort of falling out, and/or there are pushing the 8pack ram and because gskill so good they dont want a direct competitor

Associate
Kind of useless having a temperature sensor if hwinfo can't read or support it. That's how most people read data. It's not even shown after you click the sensors button?

Associate
OCUK used to stock full G.Skill range, ive asked multiple times in CS forum to find out why they no longer stock it to be given poor replies. They have obviously had some sort of falling out, and/or there are pushing the 8pack ram and because gskill so good they dont want a direct competitor

It's effectively the same hardware, just with some minor differences in the XMP profile that is pre-loaded. Nobody should care which one they get, unless they really are head over heals for RGB strips.

Back
Top Bottom