Bootstrap for web development

Associate
Itching to do some web development after a long pause, I've almost certainly decided to use Bootstrap. Before I invest my time and effort I'm checking here for any thoughts on Bootstrap. Is there a better alternative?

Associate
Itching to do some web development after a long pause, I've almost certainly decided to use Bootstrap. Before I invest my time and effort I'm checking here for any thoughts on Bootstrap. Is there a better alternative?
Depending on your experience, you can't really go wrong with bootstrap. Bulma is very good though, and tailwind is also popular right now, although I haven't used that myself yet.

Associate
OP
Depending on your experience, you can't really go wrong with bootstrap. Bulma is very good though, and tailwind is also popular right now, although I haven't used that myself yet.
Thanks. I've got some experience. Enough to feel comfortable with taking on Bootstrap or similar. I'm not doing anything critical but like to know I'm on the right track before diving in.

Associate

Bootstrap is the most popular web frontend library, it's popularity is no mistake as it is both powerful and accessible.
The main reason you see for not using it, is that it's too popular. Most dev's can immediately spot the bootstrap without even opening the inspector, for that reason some devs avoid it so their project look "different".
What I personally like is the number of integrations you see from bootstrap into popular JavaScript libraries such as https://react-bootstrap.github.io/ .

From what I've seen Tailwind is currently the hipster choice for people avoiding bootstrap, but I wouldn't pay much credence to the hipster argument personally.

Associate
I believe customisation has been made easier with version 5

Customization has always been a thing with the frameworks as soon as they implemented a SCSS/Less version, the main issue has always been bothering to do it.
Plus Bootstrap is a little more opinionated on it's appearance than the norm, at least in the base version it often assets colours and such.

Back
Top Bottom