Philips 346P1CRH - (WFH 21:9 Ultrawide, USB-C, PIP, PBP, KVM)

Soldato
I don't think you need to plug both the A and C ends in on that end though so it can function as C to C. I don't know what wattage it's rated for though for the Power Delivery charging. My Anker one is rated for up to 100W which covers most laptops I think.

Soldato
Ah, no. The one with both C and A on one end is just an A - C adaptor. :)

I mean I did get an A-C cable in the box, but I wanted to use C-C just so I can keep one A port on the side free, just in case I ever need it later on.

This will do the trick won't it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EMINIWW/

No that one is only USB 2 / 480Mbps so not enough bandwidth I would imagine to carry the video signal. You want one that is at least 10Gbps.

Soldato
I think the A on the A & C end is just for those that don't have a C port on their laptop though. I think it's so those people can still get the KB & mouse connectivity from the monitor. Presumably those people would have to use a DP or HDMI connection from those type of laptops.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OMFG. I've just realised the cable in the box that I thought was a A - C is in fact the USB C-C/A on the quick start guide.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Sorry, my bad for not actually looking properly. I just saw the A end and threw it back in the box! *facepalm*

Shame its not a bit longer...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I only quickly tested it but it certainly pushes the full resolution. Didn't check the refresh rate though. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers for your help by the way. :)

Soldato
I only quickly tested it but it certainly pushes the full resolution. Didn't check the refresh rate though. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers for your help by the way. :)

Got mine set up today :) , new desk sorted, Ergotron HX arm, just hooked up to laptop over USB-C for now.

Quite impressed so far with a few 21:9 YouTube videos, colours pop and clarity looks sharp. HP EliteBook 745 G5 outputs full resolution @ 100Hz over the USB-C but I can't figure out the PBP to display correctly so far. It says to change resolution to 1720 x 1440 but it then displays a smaller than expected image on one half of the screen. Will have to look at drivers, firmware etc to see if there's an update.

Still got to set up the webcam and Ethernet connection.

Soldato
OP
Got mine set up today :) , new desk sorted, Ergotron HX arm, just hooked up to laptop over USB-C for now.

Quite impressed so far with a few 21:9 YouTube videos, colours pop and clarity looks sharp. HP EliteBook 745 G5 outputs full resolution @ 100Hz over the USB-C but I can't figure out the PBP to display correctly so far. It says to change resolution to 1720 x 1440 but it then displays a smaller than expected image on one half of the screen. Will have to look at drivers, firmware etc to see if there's an update.

That's the same problem i had with my Work Surface Pro with the monitor. To get it to fill the full half of the screen with the 1720x1440 res, the only way i could find was in the intel graphics control panel/command centre and set to 'maintain display scaling'. Fine for one of my work laptop's and my personal laptop's, but the newer intel drivers on the Surface Pro no longer come with the control panel. It's only available via the Microsoft Store, which is blocked on that device.

I was able to get the full 3440x1440 100hz via the USB-C on my Thinkpad x280 and also my work laptop. I think both use Thunderbolt 3.

Soldato
That's the same problem i had with my Work Surface Pro with the monitor. To get it to fill the full half of the screen with the 1720x1440 res, the only way i could find was in the intel graphics control panel/command centre and set to 'maintain display scaling'. Fine for one of my work laptop's and my personal laptop's, but the newer intel drivers on the Surface Pro no longer come with the control panel. It's only available via the Microsoft Store, which is blocked on that device.

I was able to get the full 3440x1440 100hz via the USB-C on my Thinkpad x280 and also my work laptop. I think both use Thunderbolt 3.

I only have regular USB C on the HP and not thunderbolt but it outputs full resolution at either 60Hz or 100Hz. I figured out the PBP issue by installing the Philips Smart Control app from their website. Without it, Windows was saying I had a desktop resolution of 1720 x 1440 but a signal output resolution of 3440 x 1440. Maybe the AMD graphics control center app can be used to create a custom resolution too but I've not had time to play with that option yet. The only thing I can't now get set up is the Windows Hello webcam. Maybe there's a driver for it on the included CD but not had a chance to check that out yet. Other than that I installed the W10 driver and the USB-C Ethernet driver from their website.

Back
Top Bottom