Where are the 1000W PSUS? In fact PSUs in general right now

Associate
So, do you have to use 2x Pcie cables for a GPU? or does the one plug that has 2x ends provide enough power for the gpu?

I have always used individual cables for each power socket on my gpus, but that is because once I had an issue. It's habit now. And I'm running the 3090 with a 400W+ bios. I have seen other people daisy chaining 3080s with no issues, but there have been cases where people have had issues which where solved by using individual cables

Associate
Thank you guys.

850w will be cutting it fine with the project I've started. How good is the Corsair RMX series? I've always gone with Superflower Platinum or EVGA Platinum in the past.
i "upgraded" from an rm650x to a p2 850w evga and cant figure out why its so hot and noisy... not terrible. not great. the rmx was great, in that regard.

Associate
You don't strictly have to use two separate cables but it's considered better to do so as you then won't be trying to supply all of the current along a single cable.
with rtx2080 and above almost certainly yes.'

i returned a 2080 because having issues, got another and had space invaders all over the screen. literally space invaders!! so odd. put 2 cables in, presto. sorted.

Associate
with rtx2080 and above almost certainly yes.'

i returned a 2080 because having issues, got another and had space invaders all over the screen. literally space invaders!! so odd. put 2 cables in, presto. sorted.
Lol feel like there is more explanation needed here!

Back
Top Bottom