• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Yes you can. It’s plain wrong. It’s adding to the supply problems just so you can get something for nothing. If you want something, why can’t you just pay the money like everyone else.

He’s probably spent the last few months moaning about scalpers and card prices. Now he’s gonna scalp himself. Some would call that hypocrisy.

Just checked his post history. He’s a miner. Even worse.

So first you assumed I was moaning about scalpers and card prices, which you are wrong on.
With regards to mining, if I am going to have to spend so much on a graphics card that I will game on at most 1 hour a day average then why not if that option is available and is legal put it to use the other times to recoup some of my costs?
Fortunately for you I do not have the urge or need to build a mining rig, so you can have the rest of the cards that go on sale.

Associate
Ordered a 6800XT from a certain stationery site this afternoon. Payment was taken and I received an order confirmed email with an invoice. But I’ve just logged into my account and the order is still visible but the order total has been reset to £0.00... I have a feeling they won’t be fulfilling that order sadly.

Caporegime
So first you assumed I was moaning about scalpers and card prices, which you are wrong on.
With regards to mining, if I am going to have to spend so much on a graphics card that I will game on at most 1 hour a day average then why not if that option is available and is legal put it to use the other times to recoup some of my costs?
Fortunately for you I do not have the urge or need to build a mining rig, so you can have the rest of the cards that go on sale.
Using your gaming card is fine for a bit of mining. It’s when people start buying than one for mining is when I get the arse with it.

I don’t need any cards anyway, I already have a 3080, I just like to see the opportunity for all gamers to get a card instead of losing out to greedy miners.

Associate
^ Sorry you are wrong its the Greedy ******* Scalpers some scalpers are getting far more than any miner on this forum not the miners get ya facts right rant over :D

Ps b4 you go looking yes in Mine as a hobby and have done for years

Associate
Yep they’ve confirmed it by email... order cancelled.

As expected, orders cancelled as sku no longer exists. Oh well

Just checked mine and it is still showing the 3 cards I ordered as confirmed. CC has the payment as pending.

And before anyone asks why I need 3 cards......, they are for friends and family, not mining. So far this year I managed to get 1 @ 3070 for myself (still waiting for OCuk to ship as they oversold) and 9 @ 3060ti, 4 for the kids and 5 for family/friends. I am retired so can spend more time randomly checking sites (probably about 5 times per day). They would all rather get the 3060ti in a few days than wait many many months, and pay a lot more, for a 3070/3080. I will still be looking for a few more 3060tis as other friends still want some for themselves and/or their kids/grandkids. If I can get them at a reasonablish price then so be it. There seems to be plenty of them (3060ti) coming up now on various sites so anyone in the 3080 queues may start to see them coming soon as well as supply of the 30 series seems to be ramping up.

Associate
Just checked mine and it is still showing the 3 cards I ordered as confirmed. CC has the payment as pending.

And before anyone asks why I need 3 cards......, they are for friends and family, not mining. So far this year I managed to get 1 @ 3070 for myself (still waiting for OCuk to ship as they oversold) and 9 @ 3060ti, 4 for the kids and 5 for family/friends. I am retired so can spend more time randomly checking sites (probably about 5 times per day). They would all rather get the 3060ti in a few days than wait many many months, and pay a lot more, for a 3070/3080. I will still be looking for a few more 3060tis as other friends still want some for themselves and/or their kids/grandkids. If I can get them at a reasonablish price then so be it. There seems to be plenty of them (3060ti) coming up now on various sites so anyone in the 3080 queues may start to see them coming soon as well as supply of the 30 series seems to be ramping up.

same with the two cards I ordered and if anyone asks why two cards ......

I might have messed up a little an ordered a 3060 12gb by mistake first then realised the mistake and ordered the right card

but to be fair if they both turn up will check my friends network if anyone wants it at cost first

Associate
I can get my hands on a 3070-gigabyte vison version, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's a good price and I am running an AMD 590 which cant hack it a lot of the time on warzone and 2560 1440. Hate moments like this lol

Back
Top Bottom