Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
You'll have a blast hooked up to the AW3821DW. I bought one at the start of last month but my 2080 wasn't man enough to push the pixels so picked up a 3090 towards the end of the month

It. Is. glorious

Soldato
Haha I love it. :D

As someone said earlier, of course Ive been here long enough I knew what I was doing.

To be honest I dont think Ive gone sockless in shoes since about 11 and I stunk the whole house out.

I collect air max 1 and am a big fan of the more out there and crazy themes and colourways. Realistically they will probably just sit in a display unit apart from a few wears (most definitely with socks), but how could I miss that opportunity for a pic.

I've also got a 12 week old baby whos got the same toes. The mrs is a bit freaked out and keeps talking about getting them snipped. So I spent the last few weeks trying to convince her they never caused me any problems and I didn't think hed have any issues either (im kind of grossly proud) but maybe all the bodyshaming is going to make me reconsider :p

The CLOTs are not for me... but show us the rest?

Trainer obsessives assemble! I'm getting disproportionately excited about the Air Max 90 Bacons this week, they will be mine. Within reason I don't care about the cost.

pE2SS6k.jpg

Soldato

Trainer obsessives assemble! I'm getting disproportionately excited about the Air Max 90 Bacons this week, they will be mine. Within reason I don't care about the cost.

pE2SS6k.jpg

You've got the Wotherspoon 1/97.... I hate you

edit: and I can spy you've got the Cactus Jack Air Jordans.... Raffles must love you!

Soldato
Would one only collect shoes in their own size? Or is it irrelevant?

If you plan on resale, probably best to get them in the more popular sizes. @matt100's collection is worth a pretty penny mind you. When he does decide to sell assuming he got them at retail prices he is going to be like Scrooge Mcduck. The two pairs I'm really jealous over combined are probably best part of 2.5k and that's only the ones I can see!

Soldato
Chonky.

DSCF9470.jpg

Beautiful - Really loving the design on this series' Founders Edition card :)

Soldato
You've got the Wotherspoon 1/97.... I hate you

edit: and I can spy you've got the Cactus Jack Air Jordans.... Raffles must love you!

Hah, sometimes I wear them too.

I will admit that it's gotten a bit out of hand in lockdown, which is ironic considering I've got nowhere to wear them.

And sometimes raffles love me, I got the infrared 90s, neon 95s in raffles and I have a pair of mocha jordan 1s stuffed in a cupboard.

But I hate to say, sometimes you just need what you need so you feed the resellers. As I will this week if one of my dozen or so entreies for the bacon air max 90s doesn't come off. I've already warned the other half this is a "whatever it takes" moment :)

Soldato
Hah, sometimes I wear them too.

I will admit that it's gotten a bit out of hand in lockdown, which is ironic considering I've got nowhere to wear them.

And sometimes raffles love me, I got the infrared 90s, neon 95s in raffles and I have a pair of mocha jordan 1s stuffed in a cupboard.

But I hate to say, sometimes you just need what you need so you feed the resellers. As I will this week if one of my dozen or so entreies for the bacon air max 90s doesn't come off. I've already warned the other half this is a "whatever it takes" moment :)
What is a raffle in this context?

Soldato
What is a raffle in this context?

Believe it or not with limited stuff you enter a raffle for the chance to buy.

Actually I'm surprised it doesn't happen for GPUs at the moment... So there's a very limited pair out this week I really want, I've entered maybe 10 raffles. I may end up with 10 pairs. Most likely I'll end up with none and have to go to a reseller site to get them.

Bloody bots and scalpers just the same as GPUs

Soldato
Believe it or not with limited stuff you enter a raffle for the chance to buy.

Actually I'm surprised it doesn't happen for GPUs at the moment... So there's a very limited pair out this week I really want, I've entered maybe 10 raffles. I may end up with 10 pairs. Most likely I'll end up with none and have to go to a reseller site to get them.

Bloody bots and scalpers just the same as GPUs
Interesting, thank you! I can imagine it is massively open to abuse but "at least they're trying?". I wonder what Nike get out of this... Rolex is the same story... they massively constrain supply but not to the extent of one-off production runs every 5 minutes (judging by how many unique Nike's there are). Are Nike scalping as well? How is it of any benefit for them that all the value is in the second hand/collectibles market?

ajf

ajf

Soldato

pE2SS6k.jpg

No clue on the trainer market, but I appreciate the designs and some of those are really nice!
Particularly 2,3 and 4 on the top row and what is 2 on the second row?i
Guess I probably just picked the most expensive ones :p

Those Bacon ones you want, they list on Nike website, but presumably from what I gather there is 0 chance you can actually get them due to the demand?

Soldato
@matt100 are the second down, closest towards us, are they a recraft? Love the colour! I found the turquoise recrafts on stockx which I think I'm going to get friday. They have the rose recrafts too, which are different to the pink custom ones I bought, so I might get both! Dammit...

Back
Top Bottom