*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Getting a 4k TV in a few weeks and just found out I have the OG 2tb box that doesn't do hdr.

Worse than that though, I move house next week and called Sky on the 16th March to setup home move. BB goes live the day I move in but can't get a TV engineer till the 30th April! A month without Sky TV. Best they could do is give us Now TV codes.

Hoping I can mange to get a free stb upgrade too.

Soldato
Oh, it looks like they haven't scheduled all the UHD yet, quali and race not showing!

I found Qually via a search for "Formula 1" but no race programme.

I know the UHD version will be available at broadcast time simply by going to channel 406 and it'll prompt you there's a UHD version available but, without it being in the menus anywhere, it's impossible to schedule a recording.

What's most baffling and concerning is there's literally no "Ultra HD" section anywhere within the Sports menu?!

Associate
Getting a 4k TV in a few weeks and just found out I have the OG 2tb box that doesn't do hdr.

Worse than that though, I move house next week and called Sky on the 16th March to setup home move. BB goes live the day I move in but can't get a TV engineer till the 30th April! A month without Sky TV. Best they could do is give us Now TV codes.

Hoping I can mange to get a free stb upgrade too.

Report your current box as faulty and get a new one couriered to you before you move - it may well be an HDR capable box... It usually gets delivered in a day or two & you just swap it over on the doorstep with your current box. Use the Order A New Sky Q box link at the bottom of this page: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on
They don't check returned boxes for specific issues so even if it's fine they won't try and send it back to you.

Soldato
Report your current box as faulty and get a new one couriered to you before you move - it may well be an HDR capable box... It usually gets delivered in a day or two & you just swap it over on the doorstep with your current box. Use the Order A New Sky Q box link at the bottom of this page: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on
They don't check returned boxes for specific issues so even if it's fine they won't try and send it back to you.
It's just such a pain as I've built up such a collection of movies on the box. Ones I'd rather not loose.

I'll have to wait till I've moved as the home move order is active so I can't place a request.

Associate
It's just such a pain as I've built up such a collection of movies on the box. Ones I'd rather not loose.
Keep it then - the HDR implementation on Sky Q is pretty mediocre IMHO anyway, certainly the worst of all the other HDR sources I have. If your current box works then stick with it, and you'll still have your movie collection.

Soldato
F1 quality on that is great, as it's Netflix? Will Sky 4k F1 be that good?
Sky 4k F1 doesn't even come close. Like, not even in the same league as Drive to Survive on Netflix. The PQ on Sky (4K or otherwise) is pretty poor. The sooner Amazon/Netflix get the rights to more Sports (ideally F1), the better.

Back
Top Bottom