Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Interesting, thank you! I can imagine it is massively open to abuse but "at least they're trying?". I wonder what Nike get out of this... Rolex is the same story... they massively constrain supply but not to the extent of one-off production runs every 5 minutes (judging by how many unique Nike's there are). Are Nike scalping as well? How is it of any benefit for them that all the value is in the second hand/collectibles market?

I guess it's just scarcity creating a halo? I'm not really sure what they get out of it either. Things like Jordans are out of control, to the point where I just can't make myself interested. At least with air max 1s and 90s there are everyday colours you can get easily enough, literally every single Jordan 1 high OG sells out immediately.

No clue on the trainer market, but I appreciate the designs and some of those are really nice!
Particularly 2,3 and 4 on the top row and what is 2 on the second row?i
Guess I probably just picked the most expensive ones :p

Those Bacon ones you want, they list on Nike website, but presumably from what I gather there is 0 chance you can actually get them due to the demand?

Yeah they're Yeezy 350v2 tail lights, not the most expensive by some distance but some of my favourites, can't go wrong with grey and orange.

And those bacon's are a reissue from something like 2006, they'll just sell out immediately. I'll be there at 8am on the 26th (air max day!) And I've entered lots of raffles. If not, it'll be stockx... Bend over.

@matt100 are the second down, closest towards us, are they a recraft? Love the colour! I found the turquoise recrafts on stockx which I think I'm going to get friday. They have the rose recrafts too, which are different to the pink custom ones I bought, so I might get both! Dammit...

No they're the 2020 reissue of the OG air max 90 infrared, they're the original launch colour (nearly, they changed the red a tiny bit).

https://stockx.com/nike-air-max-90-...uctpage&utm_source=app&utm_medium=nativeshare

Not mental...

Soldato
The CLOTs are not for me... but show us the rest?

Trainer obsessives assemble! I'm getting disproportionately excited about the Air Max 90 Bacons this week, they will be mine. Within reason I don't care about the cost.

pE2SS6k.jpg

Nice collection! Are the chis and Sean's legit? I got both pairs of Travis for retail. Sold the highs for £800 or something mad and went and bought a £100 pair of reps that looked identical. Yes I shall definitely be after the bacons too.

Im kind of embarrassed it's got a bit out of hand, but here's one of my air max walls...

DWistnK.jpeg

I've gotten quite lucky on raffles over the last few years and sold a lot of pairs allowing me to fund my own collection.

I mostly collect air max 1s but have a lot of 90s, a few 95s and a whole load of other nikes / jordans/ adidas / new balance / asics

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice collection! Are the chis and Sean's legit? I got both pairs of Travis for retail. Sold the highs for £800 or something mad and went and bought a £100 pair of reps that looked identical. Yes I shall definitely be after the bacons too.

Im kind of embarrassed it's got a bit out of hand, but here's one of my air max walls...

DWistnK.jpeg

I've gotten quite lucky on raffles over the last few years and sold a lot of pairs allowing me to fund my own collection.

I mostly collect air max 1s but have a lot of 90s, a few 95s and a whole load of other nikes / jordans/ adidas / new balance / asics
How the **** do you decide which pair you're going to wear, or do you just grab one at random?

Soldato

DWistnK.jpeg

Wow that's awesome, 1s are my favourite and those Parras are awesome.

Busted on the chi's and Travis 1s but as you say, it becomes silly to buy resale when it gets to that. The seans are though. Similar sort of thing which is why I've got some mocha 1s I lucked out on just gathering value in a cupboard.

I spy in your collection tinker sketch to shelf and London's that I also have :)

Edit: OMG you've got the denhams.. I could only get the 90s.. jelly :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have shown my wife these recent trainer / sneaker pics, as she says I have a trainer problem :)
I don't have a collection like this, but I am a big NIKE fan and have a nice "little" collection, but keep them all in their boxes in the wardrobe, no sexy showcase option.

Soldato
Wow that's awesome, 1s are my favourite and those Parras are awesome.

Busted on the chi's and Travis 1s but as you say, it becomes silly to buy resale when it gets to that. The seans are though. Similar sort of thing which is why I've got some mocha 1s I lucked out on just gathering value in a cupboard.

I spy in your collection tinker sketch to shelf and London's that I also have :)

Denhams I had to pay a pretty penny for. 90s are the only ones I don't have, still waiting to see a UK pair for sale in 11.

Edit: OMG you've got the denhams.. I could only get the 90s.. jelly :)

Heh I've got rep chis too. Couldn't see enough of the travs but thought the gold swoosh on the seans looked far forward compared to the midsole line ha though its getting impossible to tell. Yellow sock liner instead of white usually the easiest tell.

Same here got Obsidians, chi to la, uni blues, neutral greys etc all sat in boxes. Plan is to wait until value increases and trade or sell for more am1s. Hate the resale game but its either join them or get nothing

It's basically become impossible to pick up even general release air max 1s in the last 2 years compared to 2018 when I was buying pairs on pairs for £40-60 in sales.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm always curious to know what footwear people wear when they insinuate trainer = chav.

I guess it's more the style of trainer, the louder the colourway etc the more inclined people are to shout it. Whereas something like Adidas Gazelles are pretty muted.

I have zero fashion sense, so i'm generally walking around in old running trainers which have lost their support for actual running :p

Back
Top Bottom