Wireless problems today (23/03/2021)?

Soldato
Anyone having problems with wireless connections today?

I've now got two Windows users who cannot connect (the only two wireless users in the building at the moment).

They're working okay with a cable.

No problem with the mobile phones so the APs (UAP-AC-Pro) are working.

One of them did briefly show up in the AP client list but with a 169. IP address.

Soldato
In fairness, its a bit of a leap to go from two windows users on the same network having issues, to suspecting a tainted update which I assume was your thought process, as it's obviously not atmospheric. Are both devices the same hardware/driver versions and running the latest build?

Soldato
OP
They were both connecting okay last week. They are both onsite for the first time this week and neither can connect to the wireless.

I managed to remote into one of them using a wired connection via a USB adapter and didn't find anything obvious.

With them both failing I thought it was worth checking that there wasn't a more general problem that hadn't surfaced on Google yet.

It's a 40-mile drive that I'd rather not have to do at the moment.

Soldato
Any firmware updates on the UniFi kit? There's a long, long thread on the support forum covering people having issues with DHCP not working correctly (devices picking up a 169. self-assigned IP). One of the recent firmware releases is meant to improve it but there were still reports of issues.

I had it myself at home for a whilst but in the process of testing something else, I moved DHCP from my SonicWall to Pi-Hole and the issue went away.

Soldato
OP
One of them is now, in the last 10 minutes, working (the other has left the site).

I was watching the UniFi wireless client list and you could see them connecting and then ending up with a 169 address.

I did restart the DHCP on the Windows Server which may have helped (but I doubt it).

We'll just have to see what happens tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom