Keyboard lube service

Soldato
You're meant to lube your keyboard??

Humm depends what your doing, if the bottle slips you'll get lube everywhere!!

Purchase an air blower thingy, blow out all the biscuits and rice and crumbs. Get some alcohol wipes take off all keys and clean them. Give the board a clean replace keys, job done.

Associate
You lube the inside of mech switches. Unless your board is hotswap you'd have to de-solder all of the switches.

I've seen videos about spray lubing keys while they are soldered but it seems a pretty **** idea imo.

Associate
OP
Okay so going to buy a hotswapable keyboard (k2 probably) and some glorious pandas off ocuk but I would like them pre lubed.

Is anyone experienced in that and if so (if it's not against the forum rules) could I pay you for the service?

Associate
Generally if the switches have been previously lubed properly with a good mix, they generally don't need to be redone at all. If its not a hot swap board you will need to desolder them to lube and commercial boards are harder todo so then DIY built boards

If you are looking for a service I would recommend looking on https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboardsUK/ expect to pay approx 50p a switch depending on if you want different lube on the switch and spring and if you want films that should be about 10p a switch depending on what film and if they are in stock with people

Alternatively you can do it yourself, its not hard to-do with the right brush and patience as it will take a good few hours todo 100 or so switches depending if you have a 60-75 or tenkeyless board vs a 1800 or fullsize

Back
Top Bottom