Marvel Studios: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Associate
You see nit-picking, I see illogical scenes which I know were only written that way so that a really fantastic stunt could be performed when there are more logical ways to get to the same point i.e. his gun jams or is damaged by enemy - maybe some extra dialogue on looking inside the plane "they already have the hostage, I'll have to be careful and take them out hand to hand" etc, thats just a few logical ways to get to the same Wing Suit stunt end-game. Again with the C-130, just a single line of dialogue when he's in the Cafe could explain it away "great job with the rescue Falcon, the recovery team are nearly done at the C-130 crash site" etc. Again it;'s not hard to get to the same point but far more logically.

Not wanting to use guns in a plane is an EXTREMELY common trope, especially with a hostage situation. We saw what happened the moment the bullets started flying as the pilot gets hit. Why do you need this literally called out to you?

Oh and a TV series not bothering to mention an extremely trivial piece of information that could have been discussed and handled off camera doesn’t make it illogical. That’s not what the word means.

Do you need them to tell you that Falcon brushed his teeth in the morning, that’s why his smile was so white?

Soldato
You see nit-picking, I see illogical scenes which I know were only written that way so that a really fantastic stunt could be performed when there are more logical ways to get to the same point i.e. his gun jams or is damaged by enemy - maybe some extra dialogue on looking inside the plane "they already have the hostage, I'll have to be careful and take them out hand to hand" etc, thats just a few logical ways to get to the same Wing Suit stunt end-game. Again with the C-130, just a single line of dialogue when he's in the Cafe could explain it away "great job with the rescue Falcon, the recovery team are nearly done at the C-130 crash site" etc. Again it;'s not hard to get to the same point but far more logically.

That stuff is not where I had a problem with the scene. My problems was

the fact that these people who would have hoped to have got into the plane and flown it to the other country, also planned to have wing suits to get out if needed. Then they planned a helicopter a perfect distance and height away from where the plane was to be able to wingsuit and land in it. And then they planned to have another helicopter another perfect distance and height from the first helicopter to be able to wingsuit and land in that if the first one exploded. It was like something from the Just Cause video games. There is only so much disbelief I can suspend.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Soldato
Good second episode there. Loving the banter and the -
counselling session staring contest lol

Not a comic reader so I have no idea who the new introductions are. The way Marvel got us to -
hate the new Captain last episode in the few seconds he was in it, gave us a guilt trip in the first 10 mins thinking this guys not so bad in this episode then half way through got us to think **** this guy again
bravo Marvel, bravo.

One scene will get a certain poster here wound up considering he has picked apart lots of other things so far. I shall see if anything is said. :p
Oh and it appears racism is back again according to some blogs and Reddit.:rolleyes: I never noticed it and now it pointed out to me I still think its stupid thinking its all about racism.

Associate
Really enjoying it so far. Much prefer the grounded MCU stuff to the "Wizards"

Well as grounded as a brainwashed bionic arm welding super soldier and a man with metal wings can be I suppose.

Soldato
The police scene, with them pulling up and assuming the 'black guy' was bothering the 'white guy' until they realised it was Falcon, was clearly about racism.

But he was bothering the 'white' guy, going on about the bloke in that house and why no one knew about him.. so the cops had a the right to question and assume the 'black' guy was causing a scene.

Man of Honour
This new cap will soon die and Falcon will finally stop being moody and take position like he was supposed to and do the shield right. In-between he will get injected with the good stuff too.

You heard it here first!

They also used cheapass camera lenses for this or what, so much optical chromatic aberration especially noticeable in this week's episode.

Soldato
Loved Bucky asking Hoskins what his 'name' was and then asking the driver to stop the truck and just walking away when he said Battle Star. Also wondering how they're going to work The Red Skull into this, assuming they go that route with the Flag Smashers, because doesn't he have a new job as a receptionist on Vormir?

Really enjoying it so far. Much prefer the grounded MCU stuff to the "Wizards"

Sorcerers, there are no wizards. :D

Soldato
Not bad this week, still got frankly illogical set-ups just because the scriopt wanted another set of stunts, but the "story" aspect is coming along nicely and I want to know more. I picked up on the "Police vs a black man until they realise its Falcon" tension straight away, it's not necessary and its distracting from the storyline but at least it was fairly minor.

Loved Bucky asking Hoskins what his 'name' was and then asking the driver to stop the truck and just walking away when he said Battle Star.

I had a nit-pick initially when I saw "Battle-Star's" apparent young age vs his E9 US Army rank (approx 20 years served making him 38+ vs the 25yo the actor looked) but holy hell I had no idea the actor playing him - Clé Bennett - was 50yo IRL, damn he looks great :eek:

Associate
Sorcerers, there are no wizards. :D
207-1532336916.jpg

You sure?

Permabanned
It's not Marvel's fault entirely well it is they changed ( Looks at Marvel in an angry face saying you've changed)
It's the fact they've teamed up with Disney and they are even worse. If AMC and Marvel had made these shows I would bet they would have been bloody brilliant.
I have no interest in any of these Disney made shows tbh, but maybe i'm too old for them now.

Permabanned
lol the thing is i'm not, only way to watch them like most of the two faced on here is to download from the boat to see it and even though it's free i'm still not interested they can shove it :p
tune playing at the mo...

Caporegime
Disney have owned the marvel cinematic universe since 2009, so other than Iron man and The Incredible Hulk they have been there the whole time.

It's not some sudden team up thats watered the MCU down.

Soldato
I'm not loving it. Didn't really expect to though; I've never really taken to the Falcon character, or Anthony Mackie as an actor. And there's not really anything here to change my mind. Given this show is being played out as "Falcon and the Winter Soldier", I'm not expecting it to get any better.

Caporegime
Disney have owned the marvel cinematic universe since 2009, so other than Iron man and The Incredible Hulk they have been there the whole time.

It's not some sudden team up thats watered the MCU down.
There's no doubt the series has been dumbed down a little and softened since Disney took over. Go and watch Ironman again and see that it has this visceral edginess to it that's missing in all the later films. It will be interesting to see how they deal with Dr. S with its supposed supernatural horror bent to it.

Caporegime
There's no doubt the series has been dumbed down a little and softened since Disney took over. Go and watch Ironman again and see that it has this visceral edginess to it that's missing in all the later films. It will be interesting to see how they deal with Dr. S with its supposed supernatural horror bent to it.

Um, no? In what way is Iron Man the edgiest MCU film lol.

Back
Top Bottom