New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Many games have frame pacing issues, JRPG PC ports are notorious for this as an example.
Tales of vesperia as an example has a stutter issue that only kicks in, in the following scenario, 60hz, no adaptive sync. Using either 120hz (even with 60fps cap) or adaptive sync fixes it.
I am using it on fable anniversary at 1440p, the game uses barely any gpu utilisation at all but is 59-61fps instead of flat 60 and stutters without gsync.

The only games I observe that seem really well optimised tend to be multiplayer shooters. Probably because they typically natively developed on PC and smooth performance is a requirement for the gameplay.

That's fair point. I really only play FPS games so have never really experienced 'tearing'.

Associate
I've read it's an issue with the 1080/1000 series of GTX cards.

I'm using a 1080 with mine and not getting any flickering with GSync , I'll have to check if I have DFC switched on or off - (I suspect off as I vaguely recall reading somewhere - DFC and VRR (essentially GSync) definitely don't like each other )

Soldato
After much research and not being able to decide from a few diff options went for this. Hoping for a good panel, I read it's pretty well calibrated out of the box, does that mean it doesn't need any tinkering or ICC profiles or?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived today, really pleased with it. No dead pixels that I can see (fingers crossed). 27" 1440p is defo the sweet spot for me.

Soldato
Pretty happy with this out of the box but colours feel a bit washed out. What's best way to make the colours a bit more, colourful? Saturation?

Soldato
I found the default brightness setting was a bit too harsh, especially if using the monitor in a dark room. Other than turning the brightness down a bit really like the monitor

Associate
Thought I'd report in after having opted for the LG version of this monitor during the stock issues a while back (details in earlier posts). Happy to say that I've had zero problems with it and everything looks great.

Glad to see people have received the Dell monitor finally and are enjoying it, though.

Soldato
Still feeling like the colours on mine are a tad washed out, what settings do I need to adjust to make them more vibrant? Gain? Offset? Saturdation?

Back
Top Bottom