*** The official late 2020 Mac mini thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

Soldato
Amazon also have plenty of good offers on many other Apple products at the moment, except the one I might have been interested in, that being the 40mm Apple Watch 6.

EDIT - and having sent back the 16/256 Mac Mini I paid £850 for, even I'm tempted at £551 for the base model. That works out at not much over £300 as it'll be a business expense.

I'm waiting for the 23rd and perhaps an M1X iMac.

Soldato
Just got my delivery date for my MM, Monday the 22nd :(

not end of the world, but shipping from China so fairly fast I suppose..will post some photos once it’s all setup, like I said I have everything atm, minus the damn Mac itself! Lol!

Soldato
Hey guys,

I see that the “wake from sleep” option still has issues with the HDMI port when trying to wake up..

I bought a usb 4 to HDMI adapter, should I use this from the get go? Or start with the standard HDMI port and setup?

Soldato
Setup now complete, mostly..posted on the setups section of the forums.

Still getting issues with mouse on BT though :( and the monitor is very "fuzzy" I'm guessing that is the 60hz refresh rate on it? if so, I will change little down the line for games like CSGO which is mainly and most taxing that I will be playing!

Soldato
MacOS fonts aren’t very clear on anything less than a 4K monitor, a failing by Apple which ultimately caused me to return my Mac Mini.

sorry I should have been clearer, I meant when moving around windows, if to fast it blurs, I was wondering if that’s the 60hz refresh rate?

Soldato
I will be in need of a few USB 2.0 ports soon for my Mac mini, will a basic hub with 3 2.0 ports on it, be OK for one of the minis USB slots on the back??

Soldato
I will be in need of a few USB 2.0 ports soon for my Mac mini, will a basic hub with 3 2.0 ports on it, be OK for one of the minis USB slots on the back??
Yeah no problems at all. If you really want to be that extra bit special, google 'Satechi Type-C Aluminum Stand & Hub - USB-C Data Port, Micro/SD Card Readers, USB 3.0 & Headphone Jack Port - Compatible with 2020 & 2018 Mac Mini (Space Gray)'.

Soldato
Thanks mate, that's good to have clarified. I only need a couple more for a microphone and possibly setup my webcam again, so would look to have these out the back ports, but that Satechi does look pretty slick though!

Soldato
Gutted I missed out on that amazon deal but my referb M1 mini comes Monday!!!! (£30 tax for not being here last week)

Just need a new wireless mouse for it to do some TV gaming

Associate
My base model arrived yesterday from Amazon, all setup what a fantastic little powerhouse it is :)

Looking to get hold of a better mouse using the original Magic Mouse at present, but its not moving fast enough around my 28 inch screen (increased the speed to max in system preferences).

Took delivery today of a pair of Creative Pebble V2 Usb C powered speakers, they sound great not bad for £25 !

Cheers all

Soldato
Mine came this afternoon as well, the apple silicon is terrifyingly good, just need to work out how steam stream works properly to make the m1 chip do all the heavy work in my house.

They need to hurry up and make the 16 inch in apple silicon as well, my intel one will just have to find a new home

Soldato
Just ordered my first mini after using a 5k iMac since 2017, looking forward to it! I now need to find a good monitor for it which no doubt will involve countless hours trying to find the perfect one :D

Soldato
Decided to go for a Dell U3821DW which should be here tomorrow along with the Mini. Hopefully no huge visual difference between the Dell and my 5k iMac, or have I been spoilt for 4 years with the retina display? Not used a non-retina display in quite a while!

Back
Top Bottom