Anyone in the Ryobi Eco Sytem

Soldato
Guys , I’m going to need a new drill and impact driver but funnily enough a lawnmower as well .

So after some searching around it seems Ryobi might fit the bill here as the batteries will power them-will power both lawnmowers and drill / drivers.

Drill driver is normal home stuff and garden is medium size lawn .

Anyone had any experience with them at all . Seems there are after marketing batteries as well all over the big river and bay site .

Feedback appreciated.

Soldato
Yeah i've got a bit of their stuff.

I've got the brushless drill, impact driver, impact wrench, angle grinder and strimmer

Got 2x 5.0Ah batteries

I've been really happy with them myself, they arent' as good quality as a Makita or a DeWalt but for home DIY use i've been extremely happy with them, dont dont feel like they're going to fall apart and they've tackled every job ive asked of them plus they're a lot cheaper for some of the other bare tools like the garden stuff.

Associate
I've got a drill, multitool and handheld air compressor. Really happy with them so far. For the price, I think they are really good. I saw some reviews of people using them professionally.
I have 2 small batteries that came with the drill and bought knock off on ebay which I will be upgrading the batteries in at some point

Associate
I have one± combi drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw, SDS drill and multi tool. Coupled with two 4ah and two 2.5ah batteries.

The only issue I've had is my reciprocating saw (which has seen a lot of use) has a slightly bent battery terminal. Effectively one of the terminals likes to move toward the other which then prevents the battery being inserted. I successfully bent it back but I tend to keep a battery in the saw at all times just to ensure it doesn't happen again.

You will see many people dismissing Ryobi and then proclaiming that their chosen system is better. There is probably some merit in that, if you're using these devices 7 hours a day 5 days a week but for DIY I don't think you can go wrong with most of the major brands.

I would say make a short list of brands you're interested in then keep an eye on something like Hot UKDeals for a deal on your short list.

Associate
I've got a number of bits of theirs, the only things that haven't lasted with reasonably use are their circular saws, burnt through 2 of them over the last couple of years and their impact wrench is towards the lower torque rating also. Having replaced those with far more expensive Dewalt items I still prefer the ergonomics of the cheaper Ryobi Drill I have over the Dewalt

Otherwise solid tools

Soldato
Drill, right angle drill, impact wrench (car jobber, NOT an impact driver), torch, strimmer and recently got a mower with battery for £100 from argos.

Mower is good, very good. We have a small ish garden, front garden that is a bit of a sod for getting power out to.. battery mower is amazing.
Strimmer is really good as well, would highly recommend.

Soldato
I'll be investing in tools this year, studding out a detached garage. Glad I found this post, looks just the stuff for a DIYer. Shame the nailer only fires to 50mm, looks like I'll have to hire or spend big on DeWalt/paslode

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Drill, impact driver, recip saw, jigsaw, angle grinder, random orbit and palm sanders here.

Had some B&Q credit that needed using up and got a bit carried away. 2 x 5aH and a 3aH battery too.

Back
Top Bottom