• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not to mention all the games I never got to play on the PS4 that now come with major graphical upgrades. With near full BC it's probably one of the best launches that I can remember and we've never had it so good in terms of performance and visuals. Looking forward to RE8 and R&C in the coming months.

Ay? I'm pretty sure that only a few PS4 titles got a fancy PS5 re-jig; the ones I know of being Ride 4 and ACV, as I have both and got to download a PS5 version of each. Not noticed an visual or performance boost (other than better load times) in the Witcher 3...

Soldato
Ay? I'm pretty sure that only a few PS4 titles got a fancy PS5 re-jig; the ones I know of being Ride 4 and ACV, as I have both and got to download a PS5 version of each. Not noticed an visual or performance boost (other than better load times) in the Witcher 3...

Witcher 3 is getting a free upgrade later on this year. Games I've played with enhancements are Borderlands 3, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Jedi Fallen Order and Doom Eternal. There are many more but that's what I've played so far. Just Google a Reddit list of them.

Found this:

pufus5nlkot51.jpg

Soldato
Tbf resistance and motorstorm weren't bad, they were just very brown games, wasn't much color to them.

Killzone I'd like to see come back at some stage tbh

I agree, not bad games but not system sellers, particularly for a new generation.

Astro Bot might not have the impact Wii Sports did at shifting consoles but anyone who doesn't crack a smile playing that with the Dual Sense must be dead inside. Sony nailed it totally.

I do wish Nintendo had made more use of HD Rumble, the tech is great but the only showcase was 1-2 Switch...

Associate
Got my PS5 yesterday, all up and running, a few bits downloaded plus saves etc. All good so far - not tried anything specific for PS5 yet as it were, but Days Gone, God of War and Division 2 all look and feel very slick compared to my PS4 Pro, nice to have a quiet room as well.

Are people using rest mode or is it still problematic? I've just been powering off so far.

Soldato
Got my PS5 yesterday, all up and running, a few bits downloaded plus saves etc. All good so far - not tried anything specific for PS5 yet as it were, but Days Gone, God of War and Division 2 all look and feel very slick compared to my PS4 Pro, nice to have a quiet room as well.

Are people using rest mode or is it still problematic? I've just been powering off so far.

I've been using Rest mode since launch, had 1 or 2 crashes on launch Firmware, but since the latest firmware it's been solid as a rock. Using external HDD too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rest mode seems fine these days, early on it seemed less stable with external storage always connected but I only connect mine when I need it so I've no idea if that's still the case or not.

The occasional restart helps keeps things running smoothly too.

Soldato
Mine is stood up behind the TV. As mentioned above to keep things nice and stable I do a full restart maybe once a week or at least every other week. Same as I do with all of my PC's and devices.

Back
Top Bottom