Only a tiny leak but the damage was a bit more severe.

Associate
looks similar to the rad i changed on the daughters zaphira .........conversation goes.
dad going on holiday next week
..me ok well lets have your car and check it out before you go..
no no its ok the garage i use for mots said its ok

well id like to check it.

4 days later on a sunday morning phone goes dad just got about 2 miles away can you come out theres a pool of water under the car ..kids crying in the back ground.

then 5 mins later ....ok dad passing aa man stopped and said radiator need looking at hes filled it up with water and said drive home slowly ...zaphira b no water temp gauge just light grrrrrrrrrrrr.

next convo gone with boyfriends lease car keys under mat can you pick it up and fix it love.....

thinking seat leon 1.2 16 plate with 2 kids 2 adults and absolutley full of gear for a caravan holiday in skeggy .....(this was just pre lockdown)

kids never learn ...bank of mum and dad :)

Soldato
OP
Are rads ballooning a sign of head gasket? Boost going into coolant and hence ballooning the rad?

This has been debated among a few places, could be age (is about 9 years old) or could be from back pressure when my pcv system blew the rear main seal.

The radiator is physically protected by other bits around that area so it was not struck by anything. They replaced the clamp because it looked a bit old and worn.

Back
Top Bottom