• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
For those complaining about the suggestion that OCUK will post a voucher in the general forums at a later date to buy a gpu please tell me what the biggest high street chain is doing to help you get a gpu? When I look they are always out of stock, when they are in stock eg launch, i am in a queue of 70k with the bots buying them up. I see that they didn't even bother to list the 6700xt at launch this time, probably because their website couldn't cope with the 70K plus visits. The high street chains cannot cope so why do you expect that OCUK will be able to. Yes it sucks having to wait as you don't have enough posts etc but it also sucks not being able to buy a nvidia FE at mrsp because the scalpers & their bots get there first. OCUK is struggling with the situation and so is everyone else that sells a GPU

Associate
Not at the 1000 post requirement, but good to see an alternate solution is being trialed. I’ve already got a 6700xt at scalper prices, but it’s not yet shipped. If I can get one when a code drops in the general forum next week I’m grab it and cancel the scalper order. Damn scalpers ruining this for us who genuinely need a GPU.

My old 980 died and my brand new ryzen chip doesn’t have a graphics processor in it so I can’t even use my 1 week old PC....

Associate
Not at the 1000 post requirement, but good to see an alternate solution is being trialed. I’ve already got a 6700xt at scalper prices, but it’s not yet shipped. If I can get one when a code drops in the general forum next week I’m grab it and cancel the scalper order. Damn scalpers ruining this for us who genuinely need a GPU.

My old 980 died and my brand new ryzen chip doesn’t have a graphics processor in it so I can’t even use my 1 week old PC....

I hear ya ... my first system build in 9 years and in my sig is my vid card Im running ... really need to pair my new system with something that I can play a decent game with ;)

Soldato
Posting it in general forum will just be similar to simply listing them publicly and will disappoint a lot of people. You will be no more likely to get one if this happens as within minutes the code will be on the various channels. I don't really see what this achieves. Members market idea seems ok for now if the voucher code complexity is increased as suggested already.

Associate
As someone who doesn't have access to the MM, I gotta say "good idea". But, I do think once you open anything up on the general forum, the code will leak before most people even see the post. I think you should keep it to the MM eligible only. Even though it'll be when the card naming convention gets round to the 30xx series again in about 10 years that I'll qualify.

(and lets face it, these shortages aren't going to last forever, hell, by the time the 6080 comes out things'll be back to normal).

Soldato
The real problem is that now we know cards are available... what do people want to buy? 6700? 3070? I was putting off a decision until i could buy something at something like RRP.

Now it's choice time. And I'm stuck.

I know it's more about getting whatever you can right now, but still...buying an AMD 6000 series card right now over the Nvidia RTX 3000 series.... seems a bit of a strange one given that the RTX 3000 series is hugely better at ray tracing (like 3 - 4 times faster), just in case ray tracing becomes even more important going forward. The 6700xt seems to be kind of between a 3060 and a 3060ti but will most likely be priced at 3070 levels maybe. The 6700xt also runs a little bit hotter and consumes more power from what I saw in reviews. For those that care and were thinking of making back some coin on mining, it also mines at a worse rate than it's previous generation 5700xt it is meant to replace due to the inferior bus on the card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom