• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Always nice to see someone trying something to help out with the you situation. For many people it's been really hard to get a gpu hopefully this will help them

Associate
This is a really good idea but my wife only permits me to spend a certain amount of time on the computer so not happy at all, but suppose could try and convince her anyway for more time.
You need to implement a voucher scheme. (lol)
Seriously, get some counselling because a councillor will say you're your own person. If she needs something from you she should come to you. When she does, you should give her your full attention.

Associate
You need to implement a voucher scheme. (lol)
Seriously, get some counselling because a councillor will say you're your own person. If she needs something from you she should come to you. When she does, you should give her your full attention.
Maybe get vouchers for your wife lol

Associate
I know it's more about getting whatever you can right now, but still...buying an AMD 6000 series card right now over the Nvidia RTX 3000 series.... seems a bit of a strange one given that the RTX 3000 series is hugely better at ray tracing (like 3 - 4 times faster), just in case ray tracing becomes even more important going forward. The 6700xt seems to be kind of between a 3060 and a 3060ti but will most likely be priced at 3070 levels maybe. The 5700xt also runs a little bit hotter and consumes more power from what I saw in reviews. For those that care and were thinking of making back some coin on mining, it also mines at a worse rate than it's previous generation 5700xt it is meant to replace due to the inferior bus on the card.

There is a little more to it than that, I specifically chose a 6800 over a 3070 and 3080 as it suits my needs much better. high framerate with standard rasterization (I know it seems strange but I have no interest in ray tracing), more VRAM as that has bitten me in the past, great freesync compatibility and general preference with the radeon suite. I am not biased either and have owned many nvidia cards but I am really really happy with the 6800.

Associate
There is a little more to it than that, I specifically chose a 6800 over a 3070 and 3080 as it suits my needs much better. high framerate with standard rasterization (I know it seems strange but I have no interest in ray tracing), more VRAM as that has bitten me in the past, great freesync compatibility and general preference with the radeon suite. I am not biased either and have owned many nvidia cards but I am really really happy with the 6800.
Tbh I don’t find ray tracing that mind blowing myself.

It is a nice add on though.

So I understand your choice.

Soldato
This is a really good idea but my wife only permits me to spend a certain amount of time on the computer so not happy at all, but suppose could try and convince her anyway for more time.

Is that when she allows you out of the locked basement for 30mins exercise whist on a lead?

Commissario
Anyone caught spamming the forum's to increase post count will be dealt with and have their access removed to MM

We're not stupid, we've just found someone doing this and their post count has been reduced by double the amount of posts they've artificially made in the last twelve hours.

Associate
Same reason il be going for the 6700 XT. It can do Ray tracing, but thats never been a massive selling point for me. I just need strong raster performance and dont need to be gaming in 4k, i have 2x 1440p monitors that are standard 60hz. Plus my build is mini ITX, so less heat output and its Ryzen, so would rather stick in the same family.

Associate
Just a thought, and I might be completely wrong here, but I recently had a play with the honey coupon chrome extension thing. I can't find any explanation of where it searches to find coupon codes, but what it does show when you try to buy something is recently used coupon codes and how many times they have been used and when.

So my worry is that if someone uses the code with honey installed, honey will take note of the code and share it without the customer even knowing its happened.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is actually how honey works, as I can't find an explanation of how it actually finds the codes. And even then it might not work on OC at all, but it might be worth switching it or other similar things off before using the code.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If true, not doubting it, your only enabling a few and time is of the essence. However I do agree that the final stage would be to have the additional check that sees your OcUK account name with post count etc which means no bots would be able to participate unless the bots had access to members names, but where does it stop?

Associate
Just a thought, and I might be completely wrong here, but I recently had a play with the honey coupon chrome extension thing. I can't find any explanation of where it searches to find coupon codes, but what it does show when you try to buy something is recently used coupon codes and how many times they have been used and when.

So my worry is that if someone uses the code with honey installed, honey will take note of the code and share it without the customer even knowing its happened.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is actually how honey works, as I can't find an explanation of how it actually finds the codes. And even then it might not work on OC at all, but it might be worth switching it or other similar things off before using the code.
Where do you find this coupon honey thing?

Asking for a friend

Soldato
We're not stupid, we've just found someone doing this and their post count has been reduced by double the amount of posts they've artificially made in the last twelve hours.

Great stuff @Feek, keep up the good work.
The sort of forum member that's willing to do that is also the same type of member that would have no qualms about putting a GPU straight on auction sites, or even selling the code on.

Associate
Where do you find this coupon honey thing?

Asking for a friend
surprised, someone has missed the ads. I feel like every other YouTube channel is sponsored by them. But you can just google join honey.

So far all I've gotten from it is free next day shipping on one thing, but better than nothing

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Great stuff @Feekthe same type of member that would have no qualms about putting a GPU straight on auction sites, or even selling the code on.
- If OcUK identifies someone selling a voucher code deal at a scalp price on Ebay or any other platform you will also be banned.
I managed to identify one such 'person' and their order has been cancelled. Further sanctions are incoming.

OcUK Staff
OP
WARNING TO ALL MEMBERS!

So @ScottiB discovered a forum member selling a Zotac 3060 he got at £359.99 on Ebay for over £500 on a bidding auction.

Between myself and the Dons we tracked down his forum account.

The actions we have taken:
- Cancelled his order so he won’t be getting the card!
- Banned his forum account for one month!
- Removed his MM access permamently!

We’re trying to help you guys out by offering you cards at extremely cheap prices compared to the rest of the market because you all keep telling us how you can’t get cards and want to upgrade to play games. We want to try and help you out to game and not have to pay over the odds to do so and we have found a system which seems to work.

So these deals are for gamers to game on, not to scalp or mine.

Let this be a warning, the cards are clearly for gamers so only buy if you’re intent is to game. Otherwise don’t buy and give others the opportunity as you scalpers I’m sure your not declaring your profits as income to the tax man.

So be warned if we catch you then you can expect the above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom