• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The forbidden 3080 - Gundam

Soldato
Luckily enough to get hold of these from a long long way. (only see them in Asia, should be regional limited stocks)
Just to see the boxes are already getting me excited!
Here we go :eek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

As a massive gundam fan im super jealous :D how much that set you back.

It's a shame its not the Char's commander type Zaku version, then it be 3 time the speed of any RTX 3080

Last edited:
Permabanned
It has no arms or legs, or indeed a head, it's not nuclear powered, it doesn't fly or have weapons....so, tell me, just exactly what makes this a gundam? Other than one sticker and a drawing on the box? I mean even if it was a gundam it would be the smallest one ever. *rolls eyes*

Associate
Just noticed the Asrock motherboard. I hope this isn't the motherboard for the build!!!

I'll be disappointed if you don't get all the Gundam parts to be full Gundam, including AIO, case, monitor, headset, mouse, and keyboard. :D

gundam-parts-white.jpg

Associate
OP
Is that the one that had a themed Asus Helios case to match?
If so I'd be wary of the case, it's average at best, I have a black one with a 3090 in.
Yes, I got the case as well.
Once I finish the build I will post some photos up.
(it will be a not perfect build with poor cable management and as a remote build, and I will run two cards in that build)

Associate
OP
Just noticed the Asrock motherboard. I hope this isn't the motherboard for the build!!!

I'll be disappointed if you don't get all the Gundam parts to be full Gundam, including AIO, case, monitor, headset, mouse, and keyboard. :D

gundam-parts-white.jpg
I believe this is the China/Japan limited edition that was a bit earlier than the one I have right now. You can see that it is a 1660 Super inside the PC. But that mobo is really nice.

Sadly this time, the mobo is different, it is just a z490 mobo. So I didn't get the mobo and just used something cheap in this build.

So the full build will be Gundam edition Helios case, AIO, and 2x 3080. mobo is just a cheap one and PSU will be a Thor 1200W instead. I will put the Gundam edition 850W into the ZAKU II build (the red one in your photo) I have right now.

Associate
I believe this is the China/Japan limited edition that was a bit earlier than the one I have right now. You can see that it is a 1660 Super inside the PC. But that mobo is really nice.

Sadly this time, the mobo is different, it is just a z490 mobo. So I didn't get the mobo and just used something cheap in this build.

So the full build will be Gundam edition Helios case, AIO, and 2x 3080. mobo is just a cheap one and PSU will be a Thor 1200W instead. I will put the Gundam edition 850W into the ZAKU II build (the red one in your photo) I have right now.

Haha close enough. Will be looking forward to pictures :)

Associate
OP
How did you get it?
Just checked my go to retailer in Hong Kong and they currently have stock for 18000 HKD, which is about £1700 :eek::eek::eek: Did you actually pay that much? I would have called you crazy but that's what people are paying for a standard 3080 on eBay, so for a limited edition one then I guess it seems like a good deal :D
Yes, that is what I did. :eek: Go to my go to retailer in Hong Kong for that, placed order, and my parents will build it in Hong Kong and keep the build.

Associate
OP
As a massive gundam fan im super jealous :D how much that set you back.

It's a shame its not the Char's commander type Zaku version, then it be 3 time the speed of any RTX 3080
I got the ZAKU II edition stuffs as well, it is only a 1660 Super only. The best ZAKU II edition part is the router, a RT-AX86U, rather than Gundam edition RT-AX82U
I didn't buy any of those thou.

Back
Top Bottom