The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
@Ahleckz - Stunning! Love the plates/bowls too!

Thanks! Plates are from Tesco, just shows you don't need to spend a lot.

Out of interest @Ahleckz how do you make vegan hollandaise?

Boil some cashews for 10 minutes.
Combine lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, some nutritional yeast, turmeric, and black salt (this is the key, it's sulfurous salt so gives that eggy smell/taste). Blend with boiled cashews, adding some water if necessary. Then heat up.

Associate
My record is 9 pieces, but with 2x chips, beans and a large popcorn chicken. Couldn’t do it now.

KFC chips are horrific. You would think chips is chips pretty much so I cannot believe how KFC can make their chips genuinely unpleasant.

edit: 6 pieces if you've had a couple of drumsticks (best bits) or 5 if breast and thigh.

Soldato
KFC chips are horrific. You would think chips is chips pretty much so I cannot believe how KFC can make their chips genuinely unpleasant.

edit: 6 pieces if you've had a couple of drumsticks (best bits) or 5 if breast and thigh.

Yeah, it’s just soggy potato sticks now days.

I’m old enough to remember when they did french fries similar to McDonald’s and weren’t that bad.

Soldato
DSC-2357.png

Permabanned
Got quite obsessed with making Chashu Pork recently. Great for ramen and rice bowls. Found a butchers recently that does superb pork belly at a decent price per kilo. Find it quite similar to something like Ragu in that I get more obsessed with making it the I do eating it. Bottom shelf of the freezer is just bloody frozen Ragu and Chashu, can only give so much away!

Back
Top Bottom