A practical stablemate for the M5...

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
...but probably just an abyss into which I will doubtless send freshly-ignited £50 notes.

I need something to transfer the usual things around, you know like timber and rubble and furniture and suchlike. The M5 is a fantastic machine but even modestly sized boxes present a challenge and that has proven somewhat irritating of late. I consulted the classifieds and concluded that all cars that are sufficiently practical are either ****, **** and expensive, or really expensive. With one glaring exception.

Behold, my 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8!

qsjR3wj.jpeg

Z25zDkX.jpeg

wRRpVq7.jpeg

This is neither **** nor expensive however I expect long-term ownership to be chastening. Thankfully I have some rusty spanners and a can of WD40 so I think I'll be alright.

It has covered a mere 146,000 miles and as of the time of writing this, EVERYTHING on the car works as it should. Simply typing this has obviously cursed me forever but there we go. It has clearly had an OK life judging from the MOT history and the fact it has Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres all round tells me the previous owner hasn't skimped massively on the maintenance these tend to need.

Everyone knows that the L322 is a fantastic thing so I don't really need to do a review or anything at this point. It is a really comfy place to be, drives really much better than it ought to all things considered. Amusingly, despite it being a 282bhp 3.6L V8 turbocharged diesel, it is less economical than my 4.4L 552bhp V8 turbocharged petrol :D

My immediate plans are to do a complete service, change all fluids (inc gearbox and diff if possible) and sort out some of the relatively minor imperfections around the car and give it a really deep clean inside as I am certain I can get the seats back to much fresher condition than they are. Oh, and renew my AA membership.

I await the doom train posts with bated breath!

Soldato
Our neighbour has one and it makes the X5 look small :D

An awesome thing with hilarious economy that's just best ignored.

The interior looks in great nick!

Soldato
There was one of those parked down the road from us - I thought fancy parking on a corner of a side road - When I walked past the near side front wheel was sitting at a funny angle - I think it had nearly fell off. So check you still have four vertical wheels before you move off. :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Haha, that is fantastic DRZ, dare I say it id personally much rather drive that than the M5 :p

I miss mine, really good cars bar the fuel economy. I’ve recently bought another big 4x4, but nothing quite gives that sense of driving a house on wheels that a Range Rover does.

Obvious comment from me though: Hate the black grille

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
OP
Haha, that is fantastic DRZ, dare I say it id personally much rather drive that than the M5 :p

I miss mine, really good cars bar the fuel economy. I’ve recently bought another big 4x4, but nothing quite gives that sense of driving a house on wheels that a Range Rover does.

Obvious comment from me though: Hate the black grille

I was looking forward to your comment on this thread :) Can you tell me what the correct grille for this should be? I have to admit to actually quite liking the black grille but the Supercharged versions have a different grille which I also like. After that, there's a sea of various grilles on eBay across various years and so I'm not sure exactly what it should have come with? Google images is no help whatsoever as there's at least half a dozen different images for the same search...

Back
Top Bottom