• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Has anyone played any of the Fable games on the SX? I tried playing anniversary on my pc but it felt a bit weird, I appreciate it's old. Not sure if pc version was gimped in some way.

I've been playing through all three recently on an S. Fable II played fine I think. Anniversary I gave up on as it crashed frequently, a few sound issues and at one point there was a massive FPS drop which slowly recovered over a few minutes. I'm not sure this is to do with that fact that its on the XS though as I read people having similar issues when it was first released. I'd never played anniversary when it first came out but the controls/character movement do feel a bit like they weren't brought up-to-date and still very 2004. There's also some gameplay bugs that don't seem to have ever been patched. III is playing fine so far except the odd sound issue on a fight scene but it only lasts a few seconds.

Soldato
I've been playing through all three recently on an S. Fable II played fine I think. Anniversary I gave up on as it crashed frequently, a few sound issues and at one point there was a massive FPS drop which slowly recovered over a few minutes. I'm not sure this is to do with that fact that its on the XS though as I read people having similar issues when it was first released. I'd never played anniversary when it first came out but the controls/character movement do feel a bit like they weren't brought up-to-date and still very 2004. There's also some gameplay bugs that don't seem to have ever been patched. III is playing fine so far except the odd sound issue on a fight scene but it only lasts a few seconds.

Thanks. I never actually played them past an hour or so but I may just pass on the first.

Soldato
Been playing lots of Warzone on my Series X at 1080p 120hz

I've just tried a PS4 Pro with warzone mainly to disable Crossplay and 1080p 60hz my eyes are in pain.

Can't believe the difference 120hz makes to the experience!

Soldato
well after the Microsoft fiasco where the order stuck on pending for a week so i canceled.
so Monday i managed to pre-order one from GAME and it was meant to ship yesterday and guess what it didn't.
but they have taken the money :D

ahhh, living the dream.

Caporegime
Guess MS wasn't wrong that it would be until April to get decent stock. Not sure what is worse the stock shortages or the fact we are nearly 6 months into launch as there isn't really any games for the system yet! Not that I am complaining I have got plenty to play on gamepass.

Soldato
well after the Microsoft fiasco where the order stuck on pending for a week so i canceled.
so Monday i managed to pre-order one from GAME and it was meant to ship yesterday and guess what it didn't.
but they have taken the money :D

ahhh, living the dream.

1st rule of Xbox club... “Don’t buy from Game”..... lol

Associate
Awesome. I'm going to use my wired controller which I prefer on my PC with it. Should be able to sell the one that comes with it to recoup some money back.

That's not a bad idea, I'll give the new one a go but may sell on. Like you, I use a wired pad on the PC so could use that since I am most used to it.

Given my current Xbox collection though, chances are I will keep it. The GF thinks I am crazy. Just need to find a working original Xbox again now.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Series X arrived :D Got to say tho.... Just wow on the service from Very. Ordered on the 23rd with extra controller ( as this was a pre-order ) . Delivery date was 9th April. Had a email saying yesterday delivery was due today, so I was just expecting the controller. The whole thing showed up.

mega happy. Downloading my games again now . Thank god for virgin cable connection :D

Back
Top Bottom