One Plus 9

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I checked with Three and the free charger/buds is indeed also for PAYG.

So I've ended up ordering the 8/128 for £839 with free charger and buds. Arrives 31st. Will sell buds so total cost about £800. Would still prefer the green 12/256 but having to buy the charger, would come up to £1k. Don't think 4gb ram and 128gb storage is worth £200.

Still will have 14 days to return in case OP fix up and actually let UK get the green 256 with a charger somehow.

Soldato
I checked with Three and the free charger/buds is indeed also for PAYG.

So I've ended up ordering the 8/128 for £839 with free charger and buds. Arrives 31st. Will sell buds so total cost about £800. Would still prefer the green 12/256 but having to buy the charger, would come up to £1k. Don't think 4gb ram and 128gb storage is worth £200.

Still will have 14 days to return in case OP fix up and actually let UK get the green 256 with a charger somehow.
Did they say if it was the same Warp charger as with the OnePlus deal direct?

Associate
I can't decide whether I should get one!

I've got the Xperia 5ii at the moment, but I kinda do regret switching to it from my OP 7 Pro, having had all sorts of bugs in the firmware which stressed me out to no end before it got upgraded to Android 11, mainly the issues with video calling apps freezing, though there are a few things that still niggle at me, mainly the terrible front camera, though the one on the OP 9 Pro isn't amazing apparently.
Gesture navigation breaks after a week or so and it becomes almost impossible to bring up the task switcher by swiping up, have to reboot.

Other things too, clutching at straws and want the 9 Pro :)

Associate
I didn't ask but the picture of the charger on their site for the promotion is definitely the 50w.
I just spoke to someone and he confirmed the charger is 50w so its looking good.

Do 3 change the software at all these days? I don't want to have to wait for 3 to give any updates the ok.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I just spoke to someone and he confirmed the charger is 50w so its looking good.

Do 3 change the software at all these days? I don't want to have to wait for 3 to give any updates the ok.
That's good about the charger.

I'm not exactly sure.. I don't usually buy from a network but hopefully they don't change it too much. Always have 14 days to return.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/oneplus-9-pro-review

For every negative review I've seen.. I find another two that say how amazing the phone is.

Caporegime
Those hunting for a pro might want to check HotUKDeals - you can supposedly get a base OP9 Pro for ~£635 from AliExpress (think it's okay to mention as it is over in the VR sub forum), starting from Monday. Update - the deal is there so ignore.

Interesting video on the battery life for both OP9s.

Got worried after the first test but then they took the next two. Odd the adaptive refresh screen seemingly has no impact.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I ended up cancelling my 9 Pro order. Mainly because there was no way to get the green 256GB with free wireless charger. Ended up ordering the 8T for £450 from Amazon instead. I'll take the £400 saving, sacrificing a better camera and wireless charging. Still has 120hz screen and 65W cabled charging, which is the most important thing for me.

As much as I tried to convince myself the 9 Pro was worthy of flagship status/price, there were a few niggling things about it that I didn't like. Poor selfie camera, decent but not amazing camera, poor choice of colours and a ridiculous pre order set up in the UK. Maybe they will get it right in the 10 series.

Soldato
8t is my last OnePlus for sure. Was good, gone to pot now.. software constantly lagging, battery has a random drain where for e.g. yesterday it went from 12% to shutting down in like 5minutes. I could see the battery drain in front of me lol.

Soldato
Had my 8pro for almost a year and it's as snappy as it was on day 1 still. Since going 5g I notice worse battery performance but it's still good. I have never used warp charge.

Back
Top Bottom