Spec me a CCTV System

Associate
Yes, the left path is my biggest priority. Of course I'll be very happy to cover all the front fence against intrusions.
And yes I set "cross and appear" on both intrusion rules. And I activated the human filter.
The period setting is the default one (no exclusions).
pJbF0NJ

Soldato
@Nitron I had problems with mine too. Do you have 'motion detection' disabled in the 'video detection' tab. After disabling that, the IVS seemed to work ok and walking around outside (entering / exiting the boxes I setup) triggered the alarm.

My only issues now is my NVR (using a synology NAS) does not fully support the camera and for some reason it will not trigger to record as it should i.e it wont record when I walk outside in the area, even though the camera's LEDs flash blue and red. For now I've set the NAS software to detect motion (instead of the camera) so I get a lot of false recordings but TBH I don't mind as at least it will pick up any intruders now.

Associate
@Nitron I had problems with mine too. Do you have 'motion detection' disabled in the 'video detection' tab. After disabling that, the IVS seemed to work ok and walking around outside (entering / exiting the boxes I setup) triggered the alarm.

My only issues now is my NVR (using a synology NAS) does not fully support the camera and for some reason it will not trigger to record as it should i.e it wont record when I walk outside in the area, even though the camera's LEDs flash blue and red. For now I've set the NAS software to detect motion (instead of the camera) so I get a lot of false recordings but TBH I don't mind as at least it will pick up any intruders now.

@fobose
In the first instance the SMD+ (motion detection) was deactivated following the advices on this forum (thanks @WJA96 ). But since the camera misses a lot of "test intrusions" I activated it in order to see if there is difference.
Well, in my experience the activation of the SMD+ did not solve the problem of "missed intrusions" but created the problem of false alarms :)

But once again this is only my experience and this may come from the camera mounting height (5.5m-6m) or from some obscure setting... Otherwise the camera seems working OK and the night image is quite good (with the street lights on).

Concerning the NVR I cannot give any advice since mine is a Dahua XVR and I did not use it yet coupled to the camera. The recordings are made on a Samsung 128Gb SD card. Later I intend to add a continuous recording on the NVR/XVR.

Associate
Any feedback on this model compared to the colorvu models? Particular keen on the adjustable lens as I'm not sure what is best for our requirements.

Hikvision 2CD2645FWD-IZS

Thanks

Soldato
Any feedback on this model compared to the colorvu models? Particular keen on the adjustable lens as I'm not sure what is best for our requirements.

Hikvision 2CD2645FWD-IZS

Thanks

It’ll be black & white at night. The IR range isn’t massively impressive. Any reason you’re not going with the 4MP ColorVu? That’s a much better camera. And you’re paying a hefty premium for the zoom. Across 8 cameras that’s going to be a chunk of extra money.

Associate
Thanks, that camera is available for around the same price as the ColorVu. With the ColorVu I'll have to decide up front what the lens size. The common 2.8mm does not seem appropriate in most cases, as unless you are really close up you won't recognise things?

Soldato
Thanks, that camera is available for around the same price as the ColorVu. With the ColorVu I'll have to decide up front what the lens size. The common 2.8mm does not seem appropriate in most cases, as unless you are really close up you won't recognise things?

Do you mind if I ask what you’re paying for these as my supplier has the 4MP ColorVu you linked to earlier at £117+VAT (and available in 2.8mm and 4mm lenses with 6mm on special order) and the current UK version of the 4MP DarkFighter Zoom camera you linked to at £160+VAT, so I'm seeing a big difference in prices.

Associate
Off course not. On a tight budget (for a charity) so looking on Ebay. If you check out that model number on Ebay you'll see it available for £140 (or best offer) for a new model. Obviously lower price due to lack of official warranty.

Your £117+vat seems like a good price, even compared to Ebay sellers.

Soldato
Off course not. On a tight budget (for a charity) so looking on Ebay. If you check out that model number on Ebay you'll see it available for £140 (or best offer) for a new model. Obviously lower price due to lack of official warranty.

Your £117+vat seems like a good price, even compared to Ebay sellers.

The current UK model has 46 where that one has the designation 45, so I think the model you’ve mentioned is the 2020 model, but in truth the differences will be very small.

Soldato
Reolink are fine. It’s cheap for a reason so the daytime picture will be lovely while the night vision will be washed-out and you won’t be able to read car number plates or see white faces close up because they’re highly reflective of Infra Red illumination.

Just be aware they have no UK support, so you’ll either end up dealing with the main European hub in Holland or the sales office in Ireland. They’re a sales business so they have new models all the time and they don’t keep spares. Warranty support is excellent though - they just send you a new kit.

Associate
I’ve got a pretty good Hikvision setup, 5 cams and an NVR. It’s an older system but has the posh cams before they all went trade only.

I’m looking at getting a video doorbell for the front door with an internal station to mount in the back of our house. Ideally POE - as it’s just so flipping simple!

Any suggestions? Models that will talk to the NVR for live view and also the internal station?

The HIK range looks a bit limited as to what’s available privately. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Tom

Soldato
Hikvision are not great for door entry solutions.

The default option is DS-KD8003-IME1 at £100+VAT (with our without the surface mount kit at £22+VAT) and the DS-KH6320-WTE1 display transceiver at £100+VAT. Both are powered by PoE if you have that available and they 'just work' together out of the box. They also play nicely automatically with Hikvision NVRs and phone apps.

My own go-to doorbell is the Dahua DB10 which is WiFi and battery powered but as I can specify the WiFi when I do the install I can stand by that and the battery life is a genuine 4 months minimum and a second battery is only £12+VAT so I make sure I supply two batteries with each unit. The key thing for me though is that the DB10 works perfectly with the DS11 chime and the DMSS app. When the door-push is pressed you get a near-instantaneous alert on your phone and the door chime rings.

I have also installed the PoE powered VTO2111D-P-S2 (£115+VAT) but customers don't tend to like it because the camera spec (1MP) looks awful (the actual picture quality is fine) but that can be PoE powered or powered off your existing doorbell supply and connect via WiFi. And I would mate that with the VTH2421FW-P display monitor (135+VAT) which is PoE powered.

The people I REALLY want to make a doorbell are Ajax. Their home security is just the dogs-danglies but they don't sell a door-bell. It's really odd.

Associate
Hikvision are not great for door entry solutions.

The default option is DS-KD8003-IME1 at £100+VAT (with our without the surface mount kit at £22+VAT) and the DS-KH6320-WTE1 display transceiver at £100+VAT. Both are powered by PoE if you have that available and they 'just work' together out of the box. They also play nicely automatically with Hikvision NVRs and phone apps.

Cheers for a very detailed reply!!

As most of my stuff is HIK - I’m kinda OCD about it all being the same - the dahua one sounds promising as an alternative?

laypersons question - I assume that the cam would work ok with my current NVR and live view set up? Simple as specifying the IP etc?

don’t have a dedicated monitor as such - normally use the web or phone for viewing - but could you recommend a suitable, small monitor (think indoor station type size?) and would it work for two way audio?

Edit - aside from the hikvision display suggested!

cheers again!

Last edited:
Soldato
Both the Dahua and the Hikvision screens are two-way video intercoms, both of which are powered off PoE. There are literally dozens of these screens but if you're going Hikvision for the camera then that DS-KH6320-WTE1 is the device of choice. And yes, it will work perfectly with both your current NVR and your live view app.

Back
Top Bottom