The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Yeah, full frame in such a compact form factor is a huge draw for me (also for hiking). Sooo tempting.
I came from a 36MP A7R as well and the C is better, feels more solid as well. The lack of the hump is the big benefit just goes in pockets so much easier.
Don't miss the drop in MP either.

AF is the best I've ever experienced as well it will track my 3 year old no matter what, it feels like cheating it's that good.

Soldato
I came from a 36MP A7R as well and the C is better, feels more solid as well. The lack of the hump is the big benefit just goes in pockets so much easier.
Don't miss the drop in MP either.

AF is the best I've ever experienced as well it will track my 3 year old no matter what, it feels like cheating it's that good.
High praise indeed. I was looking at the ZV-1 as myself and the OH need a decent video camera too, now that we're working at home/developing a couple of projects. But obviously the A7C would blow it away and would also replace my ageing Nikon D5000 for stills. Damn, I'm talking myself into it really.

Associate
@sublime hubba hubba - what lenses do you have to test that beauty on :D?

I shoot wildlife, landscape and portraiture amongst other things - so too many to choose from ;_; But the main lenses I'll be testing are:

100-400 / 4.5-5.6 GM (I'm interested in the performance of this with the 1.4x teleconverter)
135 1.8 GM
35 1.4 GM
55 1.8 Sony Zeiss

(And the 50 1.2 GM when it's released - that'll be replacing the 55 1.8)

Caporegime
I shoot wildlife, landscape and portraiture amongst other things - so too many to choose from ;_; But the main lenses I'll be testing are:

100-400 / 4.5-5.6 GM (I'm interested in the performance of this with the 1.4x teleconverter)
135 1.8 GM
35 1.4 GM
55 1.8 Sony Zeiss

(And the 50 1.2 GM when it's released - that'll be replacing the 55 1.8)
Nice - get some samples back to us pronto please :).

Associate
Nice - get some samples back to us pronto please :).
That's the plan!

For wildlife you'll love it (the eye af almost feels like cheating).
I've owned the A7R3, R4 and now this - I've always loved the EYE AF - https://maxstanley.studio/kbgej2ettir1kkfzynxpn6mevu9q5w , this being a prime example I shot in Namibia in 2019. I'll be taking the A1 to Svalbard and the Antarctic later this year, so those will be the big tests

Congrats. I am collecting mine from my dealer on Saturday. Then I have a week off. Can't wait
I know how you feel, I just want to be out shooting again is the biggest drive right now. Having a new toy doesn't make that urge any less easy

Caporegime
That's the plan!

I've owned the A7R3, R4 and now this - I've always loved the EYE AF - https://maxstanley.studio/kbgej2ettir1kkfzynxpn6mevu9q5w , this being a prime example I shot in Namibia in 2019. I'll be taking the A1 to Svalbard and the Antarctic later this year, so those will be the big tests

I know how you feel, I just want to be out shooting again is the biggest drive right now. Having a new toy doesn't make that urge any less easy

Fab portfolio. Out of interest, what or who did you use for your website please? I love how clean and uncluttered it is.

Thanks

Associate
That A1 will be in the right hands. Those photos are exceptional and breathtaking.

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! Always learning and pushing myself as much as I can

Fab portfolio. Out of interest, what or who did you use for your website please? I love how clean and uncluttered it is.

Thanks

Thank you! I'm extremely lazy when it comes to websites, so this is just bog standard Squarespace using one of their templates and then just customised to how I want it laid out. Very simple and not time consuming at all (which is the most important thing to me) - I'm using the "Native" template.

Back
Top Bottom