• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

Associate
Hi my pc:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.
My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all suddenly freezed. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops resonding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset by finger.
It happened first time that hang of system.
Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing? Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all suddenly hangs. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.
Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam and msi afterburner

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors.
. Also Metro Exodus Sam story running now overnight to be sure about stability. But i will be greatful for advices :)

Associate
do you have the various sleep modes turned on

my fresh instal of windows 10 really hates the monitor going to sleep

Soldato
I know you said your CPU is stock, but this isn't that uncommon when overclocking CPUs. It's caused by the sudden voltage spike when coming out of C-States (low power states).

If you can easily replicate the hang, try disabling all low power modes and C-States in your BIOS and see if it still does it.

Associate
OP
Last question. I remember that when i make CTRL ALT DELETE ,then black screen apeared with blue circle ( instead of mouse arrow ) and then mouse stops responding and keyboard. Caps Lock stops worked. So Windows 10 get locked. Anyway it doesnt mean hardware issue necesarry?

Soldato
Computers crash occasionally. it`s normal. You had one crash in 10 months. That`s normal. Forget it!!

A few months ago I worked on a computer with a faulty GPU that crashed many times a day. I replaced it. That was a problem that needed to be fixed.

Associate
OP
Hey last question. Somebody said this to me:"check reliability monitor. If software issue it will show what software. If reliability dont show, then is hardware"

So i dont had any entries during that time in reliability. So it was hardware issue like he said or not ?

Associate
OP
Last question , i swear. Somebody from tenforums said this to me:"
Many possible causes- you name it, it could happen.
PSU, RAM, disk, timing issues, dodgy hardware, overheating (any evidence?), overclocking (are you?), software bug, mismatched RAM (is all correct and consistent?).... "

So it was because i have dogdy hardware?

Associate
It could even be caused by Cosmic Rays. No joke; PCs can have memory or registers change state by a cosmic ray particle, causing a crash. Little you can do to avoid it without using ECC memory or going underground.

Back
Top Bottom