Stalker 2

Associate
Let's hope it supports mods as well because these games were really elevated to new levels via mods.

I think it was mentioned in one of the FAQ's from the devs that they want modding to be simple and available right from launch. So hopefully they deliver on that.

Right towards the end on this page - https://www.stalker2.com/lang/faq_en.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Really looking forward to this and hearing that it will be open to modding is a big relief. In fact I'll just come out and say that I'm almost certain the vanilla game will not be as good as what we currently have out there now in the STALKER community with total conversions like Anomaly.

However if it is easy enough to mod this could be fantastic. The STALKER community is just so dedicated to the original games that it can't help but get at lot of love and attention.

I'm still playing Anomaly all the time, there just isn't anything else out there like it. While Anomaly continues to get developed, there is also a whole community of modders making content and mods just for Anomaly it's self. The depth custom builds you can experiment with is just staggering.

If anyone wants to get into Anomaly just give me a shout, as it can be quite overwhelming as a newbie.

By the way it's completely free:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting (or not) side thing, I only found out last week that those who trespass around the site are actually known as stalkers.

Associate
Really looking forward to this and hearing that it will be open to modding is a big relief. In fact I'll just come out and say that I'm almost certain the vanilla game will not be as good as what we currently have out there now in the STALKER community with total conversions like Anomaly.

However if it is easy enough to mod this could be fantastic. The STALKER community is just so dedicated to the original games that it can't help but get at lot of love and attention.

I'm still playing Anomaly all the time, there just isn't anything else out there like it. While Anomaly continues to get developed, there is also a whole community of modders making content and mods just for Anomaly it's self. The depth custom builds you can experiment with is just staggering.

If anyone wants to get into Anomaly just give me a shout, as it can be quite overwhelming as a newbie.

By the way it's completely free:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly

Does this require the base game ?
And Anamoly is only mod for call of pripyat, right ? Or does it also apply to the other 2 games (i.e SOC and Clear sky)?

Soldato
If you are starting out it's probably best to choose "Clear sky" as your faction. You can start in rookie village but it's actually harder and more frustrating in my opinion.

Soldato
Soldato
Yeah I am using the JSME mod manager it's pretty good but my problem is the trader text file from Boomsticks and Sharpsticks as it not installed using the JSME is it?
I guess I need to add somewhere but not sure.
Screenshot-1.png

Thank you.

Soldato
Yeah I am using the JSME mod manager it's pretty good but my problem is the trader text file from Boomsticks and Sharpsticks as it not installed using the JSME is it?
I guess I need to add somewhere but not sure.
Screenshot-1.png

Thank you.

Checked my install and I also have that lose file....I'm not sure what to do with it!

Will have to see if there are any install guides on YouTube or ask on the Anomaly discord.

Back
Top Bottom