• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Basically, yup.

It'd be interesting to get official feedback, but I reckon the last few weeks of <10 position changes are just people cancelling orders, maybe a actually few got shipped, essentially "background noise" we can treat a zero movement.
Unfortunately it will take over a year at the current rate of say 10 per week so let's hope supplies pick up to what they were before Xmas and you might just get the card by June.

Associate
Supposedly it was high winds and a sandstorm that caused the accident.

No main power and a high wind would be very difficult to cope with. Thrusters can help but only do so much. I knew an engineer who once worked on these ships and he told me about how difficult it is to start the huge things, requiring decompression and compressed air. Windage on a ship this size could be a huge problem

Associate
195th in queue (i was 250th 4 months ago) so if my calculation (prediction) are correct, I need to wait an other year :D lol ...

(an other calculation last week I was 196... so maybe i need to wait 195 weeks (16 years))

Associate
I’m sorry if I’m stepping out of line but I thought I’d ask. the upgrades for the msi customers seem a bit unfair in my opinion, some queue such as EVGA and Palit have had near to no movement in months. I was wondering why those people that ordered earlier aren’t getting the upgrades? I understand that it’s the same brand and all but still... it’s a different card and some customers might be waiting for a card they ordered at 3pm on launch whilst people that ordered later are getting the upgrades. I’m not asking for myself (the EAGLE queue has moved a fair amount since launch) I’m asking for the people that literally haven’t moved in months. @ScottiB @Gibbo i would appreciate an answer no matter what

not sure what are you talking about "eagle queue has moved a fair amount" I just calculated I am 195th in queue and if it moves the same way as last 3 monts I have to wait more than 1 more year... how is that "fair" speed ? LOL?
I went up 50 place in 3 months... what kind of 'fair' speed is this, I ordered something in 2019 september and I will receive it maybe in 2022 summer :D

Associate
That's true, saw on a few programs this, also same with some harbour and ports, they pick up a local pilot.

Gets me how they claim it ran aground, no it did not some moron steered it into the side, thats why it is aground.

If it ran aground in the channel which is Highly unlikely as all others manage ok, it would likely just grind to a halt not suddenly turn into the bank.

And if it was high winds and sandstorm, surely they have procedures in place and slow down.

Associate
What I don't understand is that I see the "Indian food store" dropping gpu's every single day.... sometimes twice in the day
Like what????
Why are AIB's sending that store 95% of the UK gpu's and not bothering to send to shop's that actually have queues. It's quite clear these companies have no interest in pleasing the consumer.
Not to mention they (gigabyte) bring out a sku that literally doesn't even exist (eagle). I am at my wit's end with these companies. No fault of OCuk of course but these AIB's are money grabbing fukwits

Associate
I dunno about Strix cards but the Coolermaster coolers for my systems and, I believe, some Corsair peripherals are...
The best way to end a crappy week! I think I'm going to get drunk and sleep for the whole weekend.
I decided to sleep through Christmas one year, most stress free December I ever had.

Associate
What I don't understand is that I see the "Indian food store" dropping gpu's every single day.... sometimes twice in the day
Like what????
Why are AIB's sending that store 95% of the UK gpu's and not bothering to send to shop's that actually have queues. It's quite clear these companies have no interest in pleasing the consumer.
Not to mention they (gigabyte) bring out a sku that literally doesn't even exist (eagle). I am at my wit's end with these companies. No fault of OCuk of course but these AIB's are money grabbing fukwits

You have to remember Madras World do not have a list of people waiting for cards, they also may stagger there drops with smaller volumes of SKU's rather than in one go, you'll notice the same model card sometimes refreshes 10 minutes after the first drop. They will also try to treat retailers fairly regardless of any backlog of orders...

Last edited:
Associate
^You might want to edit out the competitor's name, there's a reason why he didn't mention them by name, it's against the rules.

Associate
I'm in the Strix RTX 3080 non OC queue. Started at 289 back in the day & have moved up to 128 as of yesterday. Moved up a whole 2 places since last week. Still, atleast the queue is moving albeit from cancelations. Now if I could only get the 127 peeps infront of me to cancel....:rolleyes:

Associate
You have to remember Currys do not have a list of people waiting for cards, they also may stagger there drops with smaller volumes of SKU's rather than in one go, you'll notice the same model card sometimes refreshes 10 minutes after the first drop. They will also try to treat retailers fairly regardless of any backlog of orders...

Well yeah, that's exactly my point. The people in a queue waiting for their cards are not getting them.

Back
Top Bottom