What happened to great music in games ?

D4N

D4N

Associate
If I go in an arcade, and there happens to be a Daytona 2 cabinet there, I have to play it. Always go for the medium track as I love the music on it

Associate
Nothing happened to great music in games at all
I'd file this under the same phenomenon as "why aren't games fun anymore?". Your taste is stuck in the past, you got old and set in your ways, you stopped finding joy in things as easily as you used to? I don't know which or why but it certainly isn't because good video game music is a thing of the past.

Soldato
Ori and the blind forest.

Modern game with stunning music, Will of the Wisps was just as good!

Ori and the Blind Forest – Main Theme [Menu Music] - YouTube

Got Will of the Wisps a couple of months ago, so been replaying the original... Forgot how good the soundtrack was, but have been listening to it on repeat the last few weeks!

Subnautica has a pretty nice score, lots of ambient creepiness with a few psytrance/electro tracks thrown in for when **** goes wrong :D

Soldato
Mass Effect music was great. Battlefield music has always been pretty darn good. Horizon Zero dawn music is good. Recent Doom music has been pretty good (Although I didn't like Doom Eternal game itself).

One of the reasons me for spending a fair bit of money on an older Soundblaster 16 card. Descent!

Amazing game. We used to have the entire class playing multiplayer during class at college with the networked computers lol. (I'll take the blame on that one).

Associate
I think there's a lot of good PC music out there. I'm a musician and it's something I always look for in a game.

Another Jeremy Soule effort

I never played this game but Lineage II had some nice music

Unreal had a pretty decent sound track, especially Dusk Horizon

Good game but the soundtrack was better

Some of the WoW soundtracks over the years have been good too.

There's loads of great music around in PC games, these are just off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom